LAMP Update: Fall 2014
Behind the scenes, LAMP is providing the intended framework for priorities in the Library and Archives. An updatefor the Campus Planning Advisory Committee outlines a number of initiatives, including several ways we’re drawing upon that framework:
- LAMP Collections project to apply the new collections paradigm envisioned in LAMP, including preparations for a collaborative print storage partnership at Downsview with the University of Toronto, McMaster University, Western University and the University of Ottawa.
- Law Library project to prepare for implementation of LAMP plans for transformation of the lower level into student learning space.
- Engineering & Science (Douglas Library) project to reduce the physical footprint of reference books and current periodicals, highlight key resources and services, and create new user spaces, demonstrating the vision of LAMP and preparing for further renovations.
- Public Services Renewal project to develop a new model for operating the service points across all the physical locations of the Library and Archives.
- Initial discussions with several scholars about steps towards development of the Centre for Digital and Print Culture.
The advisory committee is in formation. Stay tuned for more updates this Fall!