Bank of Canada
- Canada's central bank - site includes economic indicators, currency and interest rates, monetary and fiscal policy, government bonds and Treasury Bills, research and reports.
Canadian Electronic Library - Public Policy Collection
- Research papers, reports and studies on Canadian economic, political and social issues from Statistics Canada, government agencies, think tanks, research institutes and advocacy organizations.
- Quick source of economic data from Statistics Canada. See Government Documents (scroll to Statistics) for more links to Statistics Canada data.
Conference Board e-Library from 1998-
- Free registration required. The conference Board of Canada creates and shares "insights on economic trends, public policy issues, and organizational performance."
Economic Indicators (Statistics Canada)
Export Development Canada
- Offers online access to reports and weekly reviews about Canadian and global export trends, forecasts and performance, as well as country "snap shots". Facilitates monitoring developments and opportunities in more than 200 international markets. Also provides search access to the collection via the EDC's Economics database.
Provides monthly and quarterly key economic data for Canada and the Provinces. Also trade and foreign investment, NAFTA, and several in-depth series of research reports.
BMO Capital Markets - Economic Research
RBC Economics Research
Scotiabank - Economic Research
Canada's major banks provide Canadian, U.S. and International economic reports and data, forecasts, interest rates, and market trends:
CHMC - Canadian Mortgage and Housing Agency
Housing market statistics, data and reports.
Royal Lepage: Reports and Surveys
Quarterly reports on seven types of housing in over 250 neighbourhoods across Canada from the 1970’s to the present.
Bureau of Economic Analysis (U.S. Department of Commerce)
- Provides GDP and national, regional, industry and international U.S Economic Accounts.
Business Statistics of the United States
US7 BER1 B77 from 1996- (Docs-Most recent Docs Ref)
- A time series for economic trends and patterns covering the U.S. economy, industry profiles, and some historical data since WWII.
DRI Basic Economics
- Formerly known as CITIBASE, "contains over 6000 monthly, quarterly, or annual time series ending with the latest available observation and going back to 1946, if available".
U.S. Census Bureau
- Includes mapping and data extraction tools for social, demographic, and economic statistics.
Economist Intelligence Unit
- Comprehensive economic, political and business analysis on over 200 countries. Includes market indicators and forecasts: demographics, consumption, average wages, market size and more ....
globalEDGE (University of Michigan)
- Michigan State University International Business Center’s (MSU-CIBER) globalEDGE features links to thousands of high-quality international business websites, an IB glossary, Export Tutorials FAQ, sections on trade blocs, countries, states, and industries, and statistics.
International Data Base (IDB) (U.S. Census Bureau)
- Demographic and socio-economic statistics for 227 countries and areas of the world, with estimates and projections dating back to 1950 and as far ahead as 2050.
International Economic Trends
- The Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis' International Economic Trends. In chart form, data on output, inflation, monetary aggregates, interest rates, government budget, current account, exchange rates and foreign exchange reserves for over 30 countries. Also includes brief essays on topics relevant to the international economy.
International Financial Statistics (IMF) from 1948-
UN9 MF I52 from 1980- (Gov Docs - current year on REF)
- Database - produced by International Monetary Fund - international statistics on all aspects of international and domestic finance.
Queen's Government Documents Country Information
- Provides more sources for country reports and rankings.
- Online library of the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development. Access to books, periodicals, and statistical databases.
- Commentary and opinion in short essays from prominent economists, business leaders, and policymakers discussing and debating current economic and political issues.
World Bank Data
- Provides data for more than 200 countries, more than 700 time series on national accounts from 1960, balance of payments, trade, and external debt and finance from 1970, social from 1965, and natural resource information.
World Bank eLibrary
- E-book collection of World Bank publications and research working papers.