Please note: some of the content on
these websites may be restricted to subscribers. For more
information about why Queen's does not subscribe, please see the
Association of Alternative Newsmedia, Directory
- Provides contact, circulation, publication, demographic and
staffing information for member newspapers from the United States
and Canada. Includes website links.
ABYZ News Links
- Provides links to news websites with fulltext news content
from around the world. Includes television and radio news.
- Links to news websites around the world, with an emphasis on
(Library and Archives Canada)
- Provides links to campus newspapers, fulltext archives of
Canadian newspapers, citation indexes to historical news, and
news directories among others. Extensive coverage of American and
international news sources and indexes is included.
News and Newspapers
- A website of the University of North Carolina at Greensboro,
provides links to online newspaper websites worldwide. Fulltext
and coverage are indicated for each title-link.
Over 1200 newspapers across the US, from the 1700s–2000s.
- Provides links to thousands of newspapers from around the
world, and has excellent coverage of Canadian local and community
news. Not all links are English-language.
- Provides links to free content on thousands of news and
magazine websites from around the world. Organized
geographically, and includes short descriptions.
- "...offers newspaper, television and unique online content
from some of the nation's most trusted and well-respected media
properties, including National Post, Global
National, Ottawa Citizen [etc.]"
- Canadian Newspaper Association provides links to the websites
of Canadian newspapers, with excellent coverage of local and
- Canada's national public broadcaster provides news and
entertainment programming in English and French.
- The online home of several Canadian French-language papers:
La Presse, Le Droit, Le Nouvellist, La Tribune, La Voix de
l'Est, and Quotidien.
- One of Canada's leading French-language newspapers.
Google News Canada
- A google search engine that allows for searching or browsing
4,500 news sources. Topics are updated every 15 minutes.
The Journal (Queen's
University) from Sept 8, 2000-
- Print copies for previous years are located at Queen's Archives.
The Campus newspaper of Queen's University.
Newspapers at Libraries and Archives Canada
- A Canadian alternative news website, with a political
- One of the most popular American 24-hour television news
stations, CNN's website offers print news on the topics and
stories of the day.
- "...recognised worldwide for its authoritative, accurate, and
analytical reporting, is one of the world's leading global
business news organisations."
- An American magazine targeted to businesspeople, Forbes has
significant business news content.
- An American cable news station and provides information about
the latest headlines.
- "...a network of collectively run media outlets for the
creation of radical, accurate, and passionate telling of the
- "An independent nonprofit whose roots lie in a commitment to
social justice implemented through […] investigative
- "...America's oldest weekly magazine and one of its premier
journals of opinion. Established by abolitionists in
- Formerly known as msnbc.com.
News Frontier Database
- Produced by the Columbia Journalism Review (CJR), lists nonprofit and for-profit news outlets primarily devoted to "original reporting and content production", such as Politico, The Locust Fork News-Journal, and the Bleacher Report.
- "[PBS is] that one place where education comes before
titillation, where partisanship is checked at the newsroom door
and, above all, is a media option that measures success by how
many minds we open, ... how well we serve this democracy."
- Wired News offers breaking news, as well as sections devoted
to technology, culture, business and politics.
For more international news content,
please see the Portals section.
Al Jazeera and
Al Jazeera English
- "Free from the shackles of censorship and government control
Aljazeera has offered its audiences in the Arab world much needed
freedom of thought, independence, and room for debate. In the
rest of the world, ... offers a different and a new
- "...aims to provide access to the information and ideas
everyone needs to make sense of an increasingly complex world,
providing background and context to the news."
- Provides links to newspapers from the United Kingdom, with
links to many local and community newspapers as well as major
national and regional dailies. Includes contact information,
editorial staff, and user reviews of the websites.
- "Reuters is a global information company providing
indispensable information tailored for professionals in the
financial services, media and corporate markets."
World Press Review
- Contains reprinted (and in some cases translated and edited)
news articles from outside the United States, as well as some
original material. Includes a selection of worldwide editorial
and political cartoons.