Full-text online access to active ASTM standards
Print: TA401.A5S 2007 ENG/SCI REF
Queen's library does not subscribe to API collections but the website provides access to more than 160 standards available to the public free of chage but free registration is required to access standards.
CSA Online Subscription Service (Canadian Standards Association)
Full-text access to the entire collection of CSA standards and standard-related documents.
- If you're using your personal computer/laptop, please make sure that FileOpen Plug-in for Adobe Acrobat/Reader is installed, you can download it from http://plugin.fileopen.com/
- The database is too slow compared to other databases when you open a PDF document, please wait till the document is fully loaded and opened.
- Please use Internet Explorer to access the database.
- If you experience problems after upgrading to Adobe XI, and reinstalling FileOpen:
Run the removal tool from the FileOpen site:http://plugin.fileopen.com/tools/FileOpenUninstallTool.exe
Next install via the .exe, and preferably the 0926 version, which is here: http://plugin.fileopen.com/new/all.aspx
IEEE Standards 1950-present
ISO/IEC Standards: The library does not have access to all of ISO and IEC standards, but you can request individual standards or a set of standards if you need them in your course for a limited time. Electronic access can be arranged through Standards Council of Canada. There are required forms to fill and the process to have access may take many weeks. More information about this is available on APSC- Library Companion (Queen's netID is required to access Moodle )
Search by keyword or standard number and, for a fee, you may download copies. Remember to always check the Queen’s collection first to see if we already own a copy.
- Global Engineering Documents (Index)
This service indexes national, international and industry standards. Use keywords or document number to identify standards or search for known ones to check currency.
- NSSN (Index)
Searches National and International Standards
- TechStreet (Index)
Search, order, and download industry standards.
- ACI Manual of Concrete Practice TA439 .A51 ENG/SCI REF
- AISC Specifications and Codes (free pubs)
Nearly all of AISC's current specifications and codes are available for download as a PDF and some are free
- ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code
Print: TJ291 .A51 2004 ENG/SCI REF
- Canadian Electrical Code, Part I Safety standard for electrical installations
Ref TK277 C362 2006t
- CGSB (Canadian General Standards Board) are in Stauffer Library Documents
- LEED reference package for new construction & major renovations, version 1.0
(Reference Package, Reference Guide Addendum, Rating System Addendum)
TH6025 .L43 2004 ENG/SCI
- National Building Code of Canada 2010
TH226.C23 ENG/SCI REF
- Ontario Building Code:
1. Building Code Compendium: TH226 O6 O6 2006 v.1-2 EngSci REF
2. Building Code Act online
- Ontario Provincial Standards for Roads & Public Works
All of the standards in the OPS library are available from this website
- SAE Handbook TL151 S6 ENG/SCI REF
- You can purchase standards from the organizations themselves or services such as Global Engineering Documents: Global Engineering Documents is a site that offers engineering-related documents from various standards agencies for sale through their site. Standards are sorted into categories which listed along the side panel. They also have a variety of data from research and design to manufacturing, as well as manuals and guides. Remember to check Queen's library collection before ordering.