Psychiatry and Mental Health
Welcome! Here is a selected set of resources for psychiatry and mental health.
- PsychiatryOnline provides full-text access to the DSM Library, journals, textbooks, APA Practice Guidelines, self-assessment tools, clinical & research news, and medication information handouts for patients.
- Available online via STAT!Ref or PsychiatryOnline.
- Search or browse over 11,000 entries for psychological terms, covering all branches of psychology.
- Includes entries for all 150 disorders classified in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders. Also contains entries for prescription, alternative and over-the-counter drugs, and the various therapies used to treat mental disorders.
To find Psychiatry and Mental Health eBooks search QCAT Library Catalogue using a title or keywords. Then apply the "E-Books" filter.
ex. Keyword Search for child? and psychiatry
You can also search for eBooks using Summon. Select "Items with full text online" and "Content: Books/Ebooks".
Publication coverage: 1806-
- Citations to, and summaries of, the international literature in psychology and related disciplines. Indexed are: journal articles, book chapters, books, dissertations, and technical reports. Fields covered include: psychology and the psychological aspects of related disciplines such as medicine, psychiatry, nursing, sociology, education, pharmacology, physiology, linguistics, anthropology, business, and law.
Publication coverage: Ovid MEDLINE(R) In-Process & Other Non-Indexed Citations and Ovid MEDLINE(R) 1946 to Present
Print holdings: Index Medicus 1879-2002 at the Bracken Health Sciences Library
- MEDLINE(R) is a database of citations and abstracts in the fields of medicine, nursing, dentistry, veterinary medicine, health care systems, allied health and preclinical sciences. It contains more than 22 million references from over 5,600 worldwide journals.
Publication coverage: 1947 - present
- Medical database covering a wide range of journals in the biomedical sciences. Particularly useful for locating drug information, as it indexes many drug journals not covered by MEDLINE.
Tests and Measurements
- Access to material on unpublished information-gathering tools for clinicians which have been discussed in journal articles (e.g. questionnaires, interview schedules, tests, checklists, rating and other scales, coding schemes, and projective techniques). Over 2/3 of the tools are in medical and nursing areas such pain measurement, quality of life assessment, and drug efficacy evaluation.
Publication coverage: 1985 - present
Access restricted to the Queen's community (1 user limit)
- Information about and reviews of all English-language, standardized education and psychology tests.
- HSRR is a searchable database of information about research datasets, instruments/indices and software. The database includes brief descriptions of research resources and links to PubMed. It also includes URLs of providers for additional information or access to the resources. HSRR is not a repository of the actual resources.
- e-Therapeutics+ provides access to evidence-based, reliable Canadian drug and therapeutic information. Included are: access to best practices on common medical conditions, e-CPS, CPhA's Therapeutic Choices, Lexi -Comp's Lexi-Interact, information for patients, Health Canada Advisories, and more.
- Lists over 6,000 drugs and medicines used throughout the world, including details of over 161,000 proprietary preparations.
- Evidence-based information about complementary and alternative therapies. Information is incorporated into comprehensive monographs which are designed to facilitate clinical decision making.
- A collection of teaching videos in psychiatry & mental health, hand-picked by Bracken Health Sciences Librarians.
Hundreds of health sciences reference materials, both free and proprietary, are available for use on mobiles. For app reviews, see iMedicalApps. For more information about mobile apps available through Queen's, visit our mobile apps guide.