Guides and Tutorials
Using the Library
- List of Health & Life Sciences Databases
From this master list you can get to a database or click on 'more info' to learn about it. Remember to investigate each database's 'help' or 'how to search' information to optimally utilize its search options.
- OvidSP training for Medline, EMBASE etc.
For Self-Run tutorials see the third box down on the right side of the screen.
- How to Explode and Focus in Ovid
- PubMed - Bracken
A downloadable workbook for effective PubMed searching.
- Scholarly vs. Non-Scholarly Articles
- Using Google Scholar While Off-Campus
Printing Search Strategies
- Printing Ovid Search Strategies
- Recommended Sites via del.icio.us
- How to Evaluate Internet Sites
A checklist to help you assess the quality and accuracy of Internet resources.
Evidence Based Practice
QCAT Library Catalogue
Citing, Referencing & Bibliographies
- How to Cite
How to cite publications using various style guides, including how to cite electronic resources.
- APA 6th ed.
- APA Style Guide to Electronic References, 6th ed. Copies may be printed for personal use only.
- Vancouver Style
- Avoiding Plagiarism
Staying Up-to-Date using RRS Feeds
Creating Permanent Links
Last Updated: 10 April 2013