Room Booking Policies
These policies apply only to Bracken Library bookable rooms: Group Study Rooms 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 126 & 127; the e-Laboratory (e-Lab) (Room 128); and the Video Conference Room (Room 137).
All patrons using the Library's group study facilities are expected to adhere to Queen's Library policies and Code of Behaviour.
- Regular food and drink policy strictly applies to all bookable rooms with one exception: No food or drink is allowed in the e-Lab.
- There must be a minimum of 3 people in a group to reserve a group study room.
- If all members of the group do not show up for a booking after 10 minutes of the reserved start time, the room will be available for a new group booking or informal use. Any unused time cannot be claimed for future use.
- Be considerate of other users. Leave the room in the same condition you found it.
- Laptop computers and digital projectors are available to sign out at the Circulation Desk (limited to Queen's University students, staff and faculty). Digital projectors can not leave Bracken Library. You are responsible for equipment used during your booked time.
- When the Group Study Rooms 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 126 & 127 and the e-Lab (Room 128) are not booked, they are available for informal use.
- All booked groups take priority over non-booked groups.
- To hold a special event in a group study room, especially an event where a large number of people are expected, permission must be obtained from Bracken Library Administration (tel. 613 533-2511).
- Rooms in Stauffer Library and Douglas Library are available for booking as well. They have their own policies governing use.
- Failure to observe room booking and general Library policies may result in a suspension of room booking privileges.
- Only registered Queen's University Health Sciences students are permitted to book rooms in Bracken. No non-Health Science students may book rooms, although any student may use them informally.
- In Bracken, students may only book group rooms 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 126 and 127.
- There must be a minimum of 3 students in a group to book. Also, at least 3 students must be present to preserve the booking.
- Students may book up to 3 hours at a time.
- Maximum total booking time per term is 20 hours. Please use your time wisely. No exceptions will be made. This time cannot be carried over into the following term.
- Only Queen's University Health Sciences related faculty are permitted to book rooms in Bracken.
- There must be a minimum of 3 people in a group to book a group study room.
- Using the online system, faculty may self-book rooms 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 126, and 127.
- Faculty may self-book these rooms for up to 5 hours at a time.
- Maximum total self-booked time per term is 30 hours.
- Faculty can also request weekly and other recurring bookings that exceed 20 hours per term at any time. Please contact Access Services by telephone (613-533-2510), Monday to Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. or anytime via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) to arrange these bookings.
- The Video Conference Room (Room 137) can be booked by contacting Systems Office staff via email (email@example.com).
- The e-Lab (Room 128) is also bookable by faculty for hands-on learning. The e-lab cannot normally be booked for sessions that do not require the use of computers by attendees. To book the e-Lab, please contact Access Services by telephone (613-533-2510), Monday to Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. or anytime via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) to arrange these bookings.
Last Updated: 07 September 2011