I click a full-text article/ebook and get "This item is not available online." How do I get to the full-text?
There are many different reasons why you might see the "This item is not available online" message:
- There is an error in the citation.
- There is no full-text version of the item available online.
- Queen's Library does not have a subscription to the online version of the journal in question.
- In the case of a very recent article, the text may not yet be loaded on the publisher's website.
Here are some alternate paths to the full-text:
- Click the "Check for a print copy" link to see whether the Library has an alternate copy (print, microform, or even a different electronic version).
- For articles: do a journal title search to see if the Library has a subscription to the source journal/newspaper/magazine.
- For ebooks: do a new search in the QCAT Library Catalogue.
- If it looks like the Library doesn't own the item, order a copy ($3.00) via interlibrary loan.
- Contact Us
More information: About Get It @ Queen's.
Last updated: 03 September 2010