Circulation Services and Policies
Library cardsA valid Queen's University faculty card serves as your library card. Once you receive your card please come to the library to have it activated.
Borrowing items from Stauffer Library
- Designate another individual to borrow library material on your behalf.
Loan periods and limits
- Faculty may borrow up to 100 items at a time.
- Generally, books are loaned for a term loan (as long as they are not recalled by another user). Term loan books are due 3 times a year: mid-January, mid-May, and mid-September.
- Time limits for borrowing certain items vary: government documents 7 days; maps / air photos 3 days (some limitations apply); multimedia 3 days; reserve items 3 hours (can vary); reference materials, journals & microforms do not circulate.
- Items on loan may be renewed, unless they have been requested by another borrower.
- Items out on term loan are eligible for renewal 4 weeks before the term loan due date.
- Renew online or by bringing the items to the circulation desk.
- Holds can be placed on books that are signed out for 2 weeks.
- Recalls can be placed on books that are signed out for term loan.
- Term loans are subject to recall after 2 weeks and books that have been recalled must be returned within 5 days.
- More information and how to place a hold or recall on a book.
- Books can be returned to any campus library, with some exceptions. Return slots are located outside libraries for after hour use.
- Faculty can request material available in one campus library at Queen's be sent to another campus library for pickup by the requester.
- Report lost cards at the circulation desk at Stauffer Library and at Human Resources.
- Report changes to Human Resources. Updates from Human Resources automatically will be transferred overnight to the Library circulation system.
Last Updated: 18 July 2012