BELL CANADA DIRECTORIES: ONTARIO & QUEBEC
This collection consists of a miscellany of Bell Canada Telephone directories covering urban centres and townships in the provinces of Ontario and Quebec ranging from 1879 to the 1970's, along with directories specific to Kingston and surrounding communities from 1922 to 1957. The directories are a good starting point for anyone researching local history or genealogy.
Microform Location and Call Number Stauffer Library Microfilms at F5499 .K5B3
Guide/Index Location and Call Number
- Stauffer Library Reference at FC31 .B44 1983 Index (details the contents of each reel in the Stauffer Collection)
- Stauffer Library Reference at FC3099 K5A35 1983 Index (highlights directories specific to Kingston and Vicinity within the collection)
Collection Status Partial: Reels 1-8, 12, 86, 200, 201 & 222, plus Guides (reels 1, 2, 5 & 6 have duplicates).
- The reels are in 16mm and can only be viewed on one of the two microfilm copiers.
- Reels 1 & 2 also contain directory notations for Halifax, N.S., and St. John, N.B..
- Reel 86 Consists of 2 directories for Saint-Hyacinthe and Surrounding Territory (1976 & 1977), and 8 directories for Montreal and its suburbs (1900-1905). The last directory on Reel 86 stops partially through "M" with a notation of "Directory to be Continued" [presumably on Reel 87, which is not in the Stauffer Collection].
- Reel 200 goes in reverse sequence to what is listed in the index (i.e. the reel starts at the last page of the last directory and goes backwards).
Last revised: 17 July 2006