How To: VPN
Enhanced Off Campus Access for Health Sciences, Law, Engineering and Science Faculty
What is the Library VPN?
The Library VPN is an application that allows your computer to connect to the internet as if your computer were located on the Queen's University network. It allows you to access Queen's Library resources from any off-campus location. You can still use the Web Proxy (with NetID) to access library resources from off campus, but you need to login multiple times whenever new browser windows are launched. For more information, please see: A comparison of the Web Proxy and the Library VPN.
Who Can Use the Library VPN?
Please verify that you satisfy the requirements for the Library VPN:
- Have a Queen's NetID
- Are Queen's Faculty in Health and Life Sciences, Law or Engineering and Science.
- Can download and install software on your computer. (This requires administrator privileges to do this.)
How to Apply for the Service
Please use the Library's online form: VPN Sign Up Form
- We will email you a link to download the Library VPN Client after we approve your request and activate your account ( This takes 1-2 business days).
How to Install and Set up the VPN Access
- You need to configure your security software or router to allow VPN connections.
- You need to have internet access to use the VPN service.
- After you submit the VPN Sign Up Form, we will send you a service approval email.
- In that email, there is a link for you to download the VPN installation file on your PC/Laptop. Clicking the link will prompt you for your netid credentials:
- Enter your credentials to ‘Save’ the file to your downloads directory or ‘Run’ it.
- If downloading, once the download is complete, navigate to your downloads directory and run the anyconnect installer.
- Once the installation is complete, navigate to where the vpnui.exe program is installed:
c:\program files (x86)\Cisco\Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client\vpnui.exe
- You may want to create a desktop shortcut for easy access.
Set Up the VPN Access
Please choose from the following operating systems:
Start the Cisco AnyConnect VPN Client on your computer.
- Run vpnui.exe and connect to libraryvpn.queensu.ca.
- Note: if your NetID login is not working, you may need to change/reset your NetID.
- Before the installation, Mountain Lion users please go to: System Preferences->Personal->Security & Privacy
- Set up the "Allow applications downloaded from" to "Anywhere".
- When the installation is finished, you can change the Security & Privacy back to the previous setting.
- Set up the server address: libraryvpn.queensu.ca and enter your NetID.
iPad / iPhone
- Open the application on your iPad/iPhone, turn on "AnyConnect VPN".
- Go to: Choose a connection > Add VPN Connection > Enter the Description and Server Address: libraryvpn.queensu.ca
- Put in your NetID and password to connect to the service