Bracken Health Sciences Library will be closing at 5:00 pm for the few days leading up to Christmas Eve, and closing at noon on that day, Wednesday, December 24th. From Christmas Day, Thursday, December 25th, until Sunday, January 4th, the library will be closed, but for those with urgent information requests, a librarian will be monitoring email (email@example.com) throughout the break. Regular hours will commence on Monday, January 5th.
Library News December 2008
The December issue of the Engineering & Science Library’s newsletter is now available.
For a limited time, the Library Cafe in Stauffer is selling reusable stainless steel travel mugs for $7. Each mug purchase comes includes a hot apple cider or beverage of your choice.
Use a travel mug and help reduce waste!
Have you ever wondered how much energy your microwave uses? How much it costs to keep your computer on 24/7? Now you can find out!
Borrow an energy meter from the Circulation desk at Stauffer to measure how much energy your appliances use and how much it’s costing you. Donated by Graduate Students for Environmental Sustainability, meters are available on 24-hour loan.
During the December exam period through to December 17, Stauffer Library is open around the clock all days of the week (view detailed schedule).
Please note that staffed services are available as follows:
- Full service: Monday – Friday from 8 am to 4:30 pm
- Limited service: Monday – Friday from 4:30 to 11 pm, and on weekends from 10 am to 9 pm (Saturday) and 10 am to 11 pm (Sunday)
- No service: after 9 pm on Saturday and after 11 pm on Sunday – Friday
The RACER Interlibrary Loan system will be changed slightly on December 8, 2008 so that, on login, you will be able to start from a screen which offers clearer options for searching by a known author or title — a logical approach to making an interlibrary loan request.
Reminder: On RACER, it is not mandatory that you use the search screen in order to place a request! Instead:
- If you already have the citation information in hand for the article or chapter or book which you need to order, just click on the “Blank Request Form” link on the left navigation column of the RACER screen, once you have logged in, as follows:
- All Posts
- Bracken Library
- Education Library
- Engineering and Science Library
- Homepage categories
- Interlibrary Loan
- Law Library
- Learning Commons
- Library Services
- Library Surveys
- New Databases
- QUL Facebook Page
- Research Tips
- Server Outages
- Stauffer Learning and Research Services
- Stauffer Library
- W.D. Jordan Special Collections and Music Library