Supported by the Library, Queen's Journal Hosting Service provides an immediate and efficient publication facility for Queen’s faculty and students who wish to publish an online journal, series or proceedings publication.
About Open Access
- Open Access Directory: a compendium of simple factual lists about open access (OA) to science and scholarship, maintained by the OA community.
- Global Open Access Portal: presents a current snapshot of the status of Open Access (OA) to scientific information around the world.
Find Open Access Content
Overdue items and fines
Overdue notices are sent, Monday to Friday, as a courtesy to remind borrowers of a missed due date. The overdue notice does not absolve a borrower of responsibility to return or renew materials. For Queen’s students, faculty and staff, the email address used for all Library notices is the patron’s Queens’s NetID.
We charge overdue fines for all overdue materials, recalled items and Reserves.
The Open Access movement is growing in momentum both nationally and internationally. It is increasingly recognized that the value, use and application of intellectual works increases the more broadly they are available to be considered, shared, and used by others both within the research community, industry and society as a whole.
Here are a sample of useful links to Open Access initiatives in other areas of research, scholarship, education and government, both in Canada and internationally.
Holds & Recalls
What materials can I place a hold on?
- Patrons can place a "hold" on any item currently out on regular loan,
- Reserve materials cannot be put on hold
What can't I place a hold on?
- Some materials in the Library's collections are not eligible for holds. Check with the appropriate library location for materials not eligible.
Can I renew an item on hold?
- Placing a hold means that the current borrower will not be able to renew the item beyond the current due date.
- A valid Queen's library card is required to borrow and renew library materials.
- Library cards must be used only by the card owner.
- All fines and charges incurred are the responsibility of the card owner.
Valid Queen's Library Cards
Queen's Students, Faculty & Staff:
- A current Queen's University student or staff card.
RMC Students, Faculty & Staff:
- A current RMC student or staff card. Note: The card must have an RMC barcode.