Physics, Engineering Physics & Astronomy
|Department:||Department of Physics, Engineering Physics and Astronomy|
|Library:||Engineering & Science Library|
|Faculty Representative:||Wolfgang Rau
|Liaison Librarian:||Wenyan Wu|
Collection Policy Outline
- To serve undergraduate and graduate teaching and research programs to the Ph.D. level in physics and astronomy.
- English is preferred, but other western European languages are collected.
- Worldwide, with some emphasis on Canadian and American material
- Bulk is from newly-published material except in journal literature where holdings go back to the 19th century in some cases.
Types of Material Collected:
- books: monographs; bibliographies; conference proceedings; etc.
- serial publications: series; periodicals
- technical reports
- atlases (astronomical)
- government documents (very selective)
- indexing and abstracting services
Note: any of the above may be in print, microform, or electronic format
Subjects and Collecting Levels:
Areas to be collected at level B:
- subatomic physics
- astronomy and astrophysics
- condensed matter physics
- theoretical physics
- applied physics (emphasis on some areas)
Areas to be collected at level C:
- general physics
Policy last revised: 1990/91