Journal articles are
not listed in QCAT. Use an index to find
magazine and journal articles. Articles are important in your
research as they contain the most-up-to-date research in a given
field and often focus on a particular aspect of a topic. There
are different types of articles: scholarly, popular or trade.
Tip: Remember to
search journal title and not article title in QCAT
Publication coverage: 1954 - present
Access restricted to the Queen's community (6 user limit)
- Indexes over 1700 journals as well as books, book reviews and
theses, from prehistoric times - present.
- Covers all aspects of native North American culture, history and
life. Covers from 16th century to present.
Other Useful Indexes
Publication coverage: 1830 - 1898
- Magazine intended to entertain, inform and educate the women
in America. Today considered to be one of the most important
resources of 19th century American life and culture.
Publication coverage: 1915 - present
- Public Affairs Information Service, indexes books, pamphlets,
reports, journals and government documents, including American
Publication coverage: Pre-1925
- Provides access to popular and general interest
Anglo-American and European periodicals from the 19th century and
early 20th century.
- Indexes U.S. periodicals of broad, general and
- Portal for slavery and abolition studies.