Journal articles are
not listed in QCAT. Use an index to find
magazine and journal articles. Articles are important in your
research as they contain the most-up-to-date research in a given
field and often focus on a particular aspect of a topic. There
are different types of articles: scholarly, popular or trade.
Tip: Remember to
search journal title and not article title in QCAT
- Full-text access to scholarly literature, statistics, and analysis of the Asia-Pacific region.
- Provides access to reports, working paper series, and peer reviewed journals and e-journals published by prestigious Asia-Pacific research institutions around the world. The contents focus on social sciences and humanities issues related to Asia, Australia and the Pacific Islands.
Publication coverage: 1971 - present
- Indexes journal articles and book chapters on all subjects pertaining to East, Southeast and South Asia. Emphasis is on topics related to humanities and the social sciences and content indexed is primarily Western-language publications.
Publication coverage: 1971-
- Information on world commerce in the Eastern Hemisphere (e.g. companies, economies, markets, international trade, overall business conditions).
China Academic Journals Full-Text Database (Series G and H)
Publication coverage: 1994 - present
- Full-text collections of Chinese-language academic journals from the China National Knowledge Infrastructure addressing the following topics:
Other Useful Indexes
Publication coverage: 1865 - present
- Contains Asian-area publications such as Asia Pacific Biotech News, Asia Pacific Journal of Anthropology, Asia-Pacific Journal of Teacher Education, Asian Affairs, Asian Studies Review, China Today, Chinese America: History Perspectives, Chinese Education Society, and Chinese Science Bulletin.
Publication coverage: 1915 - present
- Includes mini-abstracts to journal articles, books, statistical yearbooks, and more... from around the world. Coverage includes: international company information; and scholarly literature on the public and social policy of business, economics, finance, law, international relations, public administration, government, and contemporary public issues.
Publication coverage: 1954 - present
Access restricted to the Queen's community (6 user limit)
- Comprehensive index to scholarly literature on world history from 1450 to present (excluding the U.S. and Canada).