Asian Studies: Handbooks & Guides
The Columbia Guide to Modern Chinese History
DS755 .S635 2000
- Addresses Chinese history since 1770, includes descriptive articles, annotated citations, a chronology, and excerpts from primary source documents.
The Columbia Guide to Modern Japanese History
DS881.9 A75 1999
- Provides a brief historical narrative since 1850, followed by entries arranged by topic. Includes an annotated bibliography.
Handbook of Korea
DS902 .H2864 2003 (10th ed. In REF)
- From the Korean Overseas Information Service, this book covers topics that include history, the economy, religion and customs, and inter-Korean relations. Includes maps.
The New Cambridge Handbook of Contemporary China
REF DS706 .M24 2001
- Focusing on the 1990s, it includes topics such as population, the economy, foreign relations, politics and biographies of important figures. Includes an annotated bibliography of sources published since 1990.
Research in Japanese Sources : a Guide
Z3301 .W43 1994t
- A guide to information on Japan as well as how to find and use Japanese language sources.
Last Updated: 08 April 2009