Journal articles are
not listed in QCAT. Use an index to find
magazine and journal articles. Articles are important in your
research as they contain the most-up-to-date research in a given
field and often focus on a particular aspect of a topic. There
are different types of articles: scholarly, popular or trade.
Remember to search
journal title and not article title in QCAT
Publication coverage: 55BC - present
Access restricted to the Queen's community (3 user limit)
- Covers history of the British Isles, and of the British Empire and
Commonwealth. Indexes books, articles in collective volumes, and about 700 journals.
Publication coverage: 1954 - present
Access restricted to the Queen's community (6 user limit)
- Time period is from 1450 to the present. Indexes over 1700
journals published worldwide, selected books and
Other Useful Indexes
Publication coverage: 1680s - 1930s
- A collection of facsimile page images and searchable full text for hundreds of British periodicals. Topics covered include: literature, philosophy, history, science, the social sciences, music, art, drama, archaeology and architecture.
- Collection of digital facsimiles of English newspapers and
journals, with wide-ranging topics including the writings of Sir
Isaac Newton, the French Revolution, reviews of literature and
Publication coverage: 1967-
- Covers all aspects of European medieval studies from 450 to 1500.
Subscription purchased by MacIsaac Memorial Fund in memory of Vera May MacIsaac, BA 1925
Publication coverage: Varies with publication.
- Electronic journal archive includes such titles as:
Eighteenth-Century Studies, Journal of Modern
- Material from and about Mass Observation, the British social research organization. Mass Observation Online and Mass Observation I are available.
Publication coverage: 1800-1900
- Collection of magazines, journals and specialty newspapers provides an in-depth view of life in the Victorian age.
Publication coverage: 1802-1995
- Facsimile page images and searchable full-text for approximately 500 international and scholarly journals in the humanities and social sciences.
Publication coverage: Pre-1925
- Indexes popular and general interest Anglo-American and
European periodicals from 19th century and early 20th
Publication coverage: Varies by title
- Scholarly electronic journals,
include such titles as: Journal of Colonialism and Colonial
History, Journal of Interdisciplinary History, Victorian
- Web version of 5 volume set that indexes 45 major 19th century British monthlies and quarterlies.