Publication coverage: 1925 - present
- Searches scholarly writing on literature, linguistics, modern languages, drama, folklore, national literatures, literary genres, etc. Indexes journals, books, conference proceedings, essay collections, bibliographies, and dissertations.
Publication coverage: 1892 - present (some primary texts date from 600 AD)
Access restricted to the Queen's community (4 user limit)
- Searchable database of more than 350,000 works of English and American poetry, drama, and prose. Also indexes criticism from ABELL and MLA.
Other Useful Indexes
Publication coverage: 1975 - present
- Search for subjects, critics, and cited authors in articles published in 8,500 scholarly periodicals from the United Kingdom, United States, Australia, and Canada.
- BNNA is a bibliographic database covering all aspects of native North American culture, history, and life.
Publication coverage: Varies with publication
- Indexes articles from over 700 Canadian newspapers and
journals, including the following scholarly journals:
Canadian Literature; Studies in Canadian Literature; Essays
on Canadian Writing; University of Toronto Quarterly; American
Review of Canadian Studies; Journal of Canadian Studies; Canadian
Review of Comparative Literature.
Canadian Literary Periodicals Index
REF PS8001 .C294t (1992 & 1997)
- Indexes Canadian primary materials and secondary sources, with sections on finding poetry, short stories, novels, plays, literary essays, critical essays, and book reviews. This index is a continuation of the Canadian Literature Index, REF PS8001 .C294t (1985-1988).
Publication coverage: Indexed articles: 1977 - present ; Full-text articles: 1983 - present
Print holdings: 1920 - 1998: Check QCAT
- An interdisciplinary index to over 400 English and French Canadian periodicals indexed by author and subject, with special headings for book reviews, poems, film reviews, drama, and short stories.
Publication coverage: 1980 - present
- Indexes articles from 243 of the most widely read
French-language periodicals distributed in Quebec. Reviews are
listed under the heading Livres- Comptes rendus.
Covers the following print indexes: Periodex (1980 to
1983), Point de RepÃ¨re (published 1984-1993) and
RepÃ¨re (published since 1994).
Publication coverage: 17th century - present
- Includes biographies, autobiographies, personal narratives, speeches, diaries, letters, oral histories, reference works, manuscripts, and photographs and images of indigenous peoples from all areas of North America.
Last Updated: 08 September 2014