You may need to search a number of
indexes in order to find a review of a book. When searching print
indexes, remember to search the volume for the year the book was
published, as well as 1 to 2 years later, and a year earlier
(sometimes books are reviewed prior to publication).
Publication coverage: 1975-
Print holdings: 1975 - 2006: Check QCAT
- "CBRA is an evaluative guide to Canadian-authored, Canadian-published, English-language publications. The reviews which are between 200 and 400 words are written by subject specialists ...."
Publication coverage: Varies with publication
- An interdisciplinary index that includes book reviews cited
in 8 major newspapers and 350 Canadian journals. Search by
keyword combining the following three words: the author's last
name ; a word from the title of the book; and the word
Publication coverage: Indexed articles: 1977 - present ; Full-text articles: 1983 - present
Print holdings: 1920 - 1998: Check QCAT
- An interdisciplinary index to Canadian periodicals with
special headings for book reviews, poems, moving picture reviews,
Canadian drama, and short stories.
Online from 2001- (issue 169-) citations and some abstracts from 1986-
Publication coverage: 1980 - present
- Reviews are listed under the heading Livres- Comptes
Publication coverage: 1965-present
Print holdings: 1965-2011
- Broader range of reviews, but no excerpts.
Publication coverage: 1892 - present (some primary texts date from 600 AD)
Access restricted to the Queen's community (4 user limit)
Publication coverage: 1983 - present
Print holdings: REF AI3.R2 from 1900- (Readers' Guide to Periodical
REF AP3.R496 (1890-1922) (Nineteenth Century Readers' Guide to Periodical Literature)
- In print, the last section in each volume provides a list of book reviews by author's last name.
Index to Book Reviews in the Humanities
REF Z1035.A1I38 (1961-1990)
- Strong coverage of academic and non-fiction books; international in scope.
See also the guides to Finding Book Reviews and
How to Write Book Reviews.