Also see Primary Sources (Humanities and Social Sciences)
- Provides a history of the British Caribbean through government documents, photos, and maps dating as far back as the 17th century.
- Showcases British Library material relating to the British West Indies.
- The website provides access to digitized versions of Caribbean culture, historical, and research materials currently held in archives, libraries, and print collections.
Publication coverage: 1701-1800
- Collection of digital reproductions of nearly 150,000 titles and editions published in the UK and the Americas during the 18th century. Includes Eighteenth Century Collections Online, Part II: New Editions.
Provides full-text access to rare journals printed between 1685 and 1815, including:
Bermuda Gazette and Weekly Advertiser 1785
Daily Advertiser (Jamaica) 1790
Jamaica Mercury and Kingston Weekly Advertiser 1779-1780
Kingston Journal (Jamaica) 1789
Royal Gazette (Jamaica) 1780-1812
Subscription purchased by MacIsaac Memorial Fund in memory of Vera May MacIsaac, BA 1925
Publication coverage: 1492-2007
- Collection of original documents focusing on Empire Studies, such as cultural contacts, literature, religion, race, class, imperialism and colonialism in continents that include North America, South America, Africa, Asia, the Middle East, Caribbean and Australasia.
- A collection contains over 200 individual items, including speeches, letters, cartoons and graphics, interviews, and articles.
Publication coverage: 1715 - present (with supplementary material back to 1688)
- Full-text access to British parliamentary papers.
- A digital collection of Latin American travel accounts written in the 16th-19th centuries.
- Full-text of The Times (of London).
- Provides primary materials from countries and cultures around the world.
Anti-Slavery Collection: 18th-19th Centuries
Microfilm HT857.A58 1978t
The Atlantic Slave Trade and Slave Life in the Americas: A Visual Record
Slave Movement During the Eighteenth and Nineteenth Centuries
Slavery, Abolition and Social Justice, 1490-2007
Trans-Atlantic Slave Trade Database