CIVL 460: Civil Engineering Design
- Technical Books
1.2 Handbooks/E-Book Collections
- Article Indexes and Databases
- Standards and Codes
- Technical Reports
4.2 Civil Sites (select)
- Regulations, Guidelines, and Environmental Assessments
- Companies, Products and Costing
- Information Sweep
- Questions? Contact Sharon Murphy
Technical Reports Sites
IRC Publications Database (Institute for Research in Construction, National Research Council)
- Searches IRC publications from 1947 to the present. There are full text links to many.
- Includes technical reports published by the Department of Energy, Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) and the Defense Technical Information Center (DTIC) of the United States government.
- Central source for the public sale of U.S. government sponsored research, development, and engineering reports, as well as foreign technical reports. Subject coverage includes: agriculture, aeronautics, chemistry, civil engineering, energy, environmental pollution control, industrial and mechanical engineering, manufacturing technology, and transportation.
- Searchable database of full text documents published online by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
- Official repository for all their publications.
Regulations, Guidelines, and Environmental Assessments
5.1 Municipal by-laws: for most municipal jurisdictions find by-laws and regulations at the municipal web site
5.2 Use CanLII for federal and provincial legislation and regulations.
5.3 Ontario Ministry of the Environment - Environmental Assessment
5.4 Ontario Ministry of the Environment: Manuals, Forms and Guidelines
5.5 Ontario Provincial Standards for Roads and Public Works
5.6 Municipal Class Environmental Assessment
Companies, Products and Costing
Building Construction Cost Data ("Means")
TH435 .B9 2014 (Eng/Sci Reference, level 5)
Sweet's Canadian construction catalogue file
TH455 .C36t 2 volumes and CD ( Eng/Sci Ref )
Thomas Register of American Manufacturers
T12.T46 (Eng/Sci folios)
9.1 Give credit to all sources you incorporate into your project. Use the method requested by your supervisor.
Last Updated: 13 February 2014