Civil Engineering: Selected Websites
- ACI is a technical and educational society with 30,000 members and 93 chapters in 30 countries.
- Founded in 1852, the American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE) represents more than 133,000 members of the civil engineering profession worldwide, and is America's oldest national engineering society.
- The American Water Works Association (AWWA) is an international nonprofit scientific and educational society dedicated to the improvement of drinking water quality and supply. AWWA is the largest organization of water professionals in the world
- SC Solutions specializes in high-end numerical analysis of complex civil and mechanical systems such as bridges, buildings, and tunnels as well as aerospace, bio-mechanical and computer components.
- 240 Canadian Building Digests published between 1960 and 1990 by NRC's Institute for Research in Construction and its predecessor, the Division of Building Research.
- The Civil Engineering Database (CEDB) is designed to provide easy bibliographic access to all American Society of Civil Engineers publications - all the ASCE journals, conference proceedings, books, standards, manuals, magazines, and newspapers.
- Founded in 1887, the Canadian Society for Civil Engineering (CSCE) is a learned society intended to develop and maintain high standards of civil engineering practice in Canada and to enhance the public image of the civil engineering profession.
- A searchable database of quality construction related sites on the internet. This site is developed and maintained by Construction Technology Centre Atlantic , Fredericton New Brunswick.
Construction Practice ( National Research Council of Canada - Institute for Research in Construction )
- A collection of articles from construction related magazines which address a host of practical subjects of direct interest to various specialties within the industry: engineering, architecture, property management, home building, and infrastructure.
- Lehigh University - Bridges of the 19th century
ICARIS - (Integrated CAD Research Information System)
- Directory of civil engineering resources on the internet
- The Institute for Research in Construction (IRC) is part of the National Research Council. The Institute works to improve the safety, durability and comfort of Canadian workplaces, homes and public infrastructure while helping builders become more competitive.
- - a searchable database of engineering materials
- National Research Council of Canada - Canadian Construction Materials Centre. A national evaluation service for all types of innovative construction materials, products, systems and services.
- Thomas Register is the most comprehensive online resource for finding companies and products manufactured in North America
- The Earthquake Engineering Research Institute (EERI) is a national, nonprofit, technical society of engineers, geoscientists, architects, planners, public officials, and social scientists.
Last Updated: 09 March 2011