Consult biographical dictionaries to get information about people (e.g. composers, playwrights, set designers, choreographers), dates and events.Check QCAT under "Dramatists", "Composers" or "Playwrights" as subjects
- Dramatists, Canadian--20th century--Biography
or check the individual's name as subject. More...
Try the following resources:
(For more sources, see our Biographical Resources guide.)
- Includes biographical information.
A Biographical Dictionary of Actors, Actresses, Musicians, Dancers, Managers & Other Stage Personnel in London, 1660-1800
REF PN2597.H5 (16 vols)
REF Z5301.B61: 1946-
- Index to biographical material in journals and books.
- Plays from North America, Africa and the Caribbean. Includes biographies.
REF PR737.C57 1999
- Covers in detail the lives and works of over 450 living playwrights who write in the English language.
Contemporary Theatre, Film and Television
- Multi-volume set that is a continuation of Who's Who in the Theatre.
REF PR736.C58 1994
- Covers eighty-five women dramatists. Each entry contains a detailed biography, a bibliography of books and critical studies and a critical essay examining the dramatist's body of work.
Critical Survey of Drama
REF PN1625.C69 2003
- This eight volume set supplies essays about 538 individual dramatists and 64 overview essays on topics covering, for example, African American drama, feminist theater, gay and lesbian theater, resources, and radio and television drama (limited to the US). Entries extend far beyond dramatists writing in English, cover both genders, and range historically from the ancient to the most contemporary. Entries from individual dramatists follow a standardized format: lists of principal dramatic works, other literary forms, achievements, personal biography, extensive general analysis of individual works, ending with annotated selective updated bibliographies of writings about the subject.
REF CT100.C8: 1940-
- Published monthly, with a bound annual cumulatation. Includes biographical sketches of various personalities.
- Includes biographical information
- Plays, biographical, production, and theatrical information.
Theatrical Designers: An International
REF PN2096.A1M54 1992t
- Covers 270 designers from the fifteenth century up to the present.
Who was Who in the Theatre:
Biographical Dictionary of Actors, Actresses, Directors,
Playwrights, and Producers of the English Speaking
Who's Who in Contemporary World Theatre (2002)
REF PN2035.W485 2000
- This compact biographical source for actors, directors, designers, and dramatists in 68 countries lists 1,400 artists who are active today or are well-known nationally or internationally. Entries are brief, supplying date of birth, nationality, professional training, and major accomplishments.
Last Updated: 20 March 2012