Education: History - Intermediate/Senior: Inquiry Process and Projects
- Media Awareness Network: http://mnet.hypernet.ca/e/
- World History Analysis of Documents & Images: http://chnm.gmu.edu/worldhistorysources/index.html
- Download Research Success (TDSB) in QCAT for a teacher’s guide to the inquiry process.
- Download the equivalent for K-8 called Imagine the learning.
- Download Think Literacy: Cross-curricular approaches in QCAT.
- Select tutorials about Primary Sources:
High school Example: http://www.sdst.org/shs/library/primary.html
University Example: http://www.library.uiuc.edu/village/primarysource/index.htm
- Compile sites/games about plagiarism:
Acadia’s tutorial on plagiarism: http://library.acadiau.ca/tutorials/plagiarism/
Plagiarism Game: http://www.lycoming.edu/library/instruction/plagiarismgame.html
- Knowledge Ontario databases
- 12 terrific history tasks (grades 7-8 Ontario curriculum) o/o: creating maps, designing clothes, developing newscasts; research lifestyle and create modern-day resume
Lest We Forget: Smiths Falls history teacher Blake Seward Documented in the DVD Finding Private Foster: D521 .F56 2005 DVD
In the Trenches: Trench Warfare Museum: Glendale High School, Tillsonburg teacher Mr. Robin Barker-James
Japanese Canadian History: Pinetree Way Elementary teacher Greg Miyanaga http://www.japanesecanadianHistory.net
Canadian History Awards: http://www.canadashistory.ca/Awards/GG/Articles.aspx (with video) http://www.cbc.ca/news/interactives/who-ggawards/
Teaching History With Technology http://thwt.org/
Last Updated: 30 April 2013