Core Research Databases
Publication coverage: 1980 - present
- A comprehensive, international and interdisciplinary database for the fields of physical and human geography, including geology, ecology, geomechanics, mineralogy, oceanography, environmental issues and Third World studies....
Full-text access does not work in Macintosh web browsers.
- Search and browse access to the full-text of more than 260 professional and technical books published by CRC Press on all aspects of environmental resources.
- International coverage of articles and books about environmental issues.
- Multidisciplinary database covering all aspects of human impact on the environment.
Publication coverage: 1926 - present (updated weekly)
All areas of life science including
agriculture, biochemistry, biotechnology, ecology, immunology,
microbiology, molecular genetics, neuroscience, pharmacology,
public health, toxicology, zoology.
Publication coverage: 1884 - present (updated weekly)
- Key index to engineering literature.
Publication coverage: 1980 - present
A comprehensive, international and
interdisciplinary database covering physical and human geography,
geology, ecology, and Third World studies.
Publication coverage: 1900 - present
- Online version of Science Citation
Database indexes 8,500 leading scholarly research
Related Research Databases
Publication coverage: 1970-
Produced by the National Agricultural Library.
Catalogue of air photos held by Queen's
University Library Maps and Air Photos Collection
Publication coverage: Varies by journal start date.
- Fulltext critical reviews of primary research
literature in the biomedical, physical and social sciences.
Publication coverage: Coverage varies beginning at 1977-
A full-text database of Canada's leading
newspapers as well as leading regional papers (including The
Kingston Whig Standard).
Publication coverage: Varies with publication
Comprehensive indexing of articles published in
and about Canada. Consists of four sections, Business, Current
Events, Education, and Reference.
Publication coverage: 1965 - present
Current Research @ Queen's indexes and
abstracts dissertations and theses defended at Queen's
University. Full-text available for titles published after 1996.
Microfiche copies of Queen's thesis are available in Stauffer
Publication coverage: 1886 - present
- Indexes the international literature in the field of
economics. Includes coverage of journals, books, book chapters,
reviews, dissertations, conferences and working papers.
Publication coverage: Varies by journal title
Scholarly journal publishers such as Kluwer,
Elsevier, Springer, Cambridge and Oxford University Presses and
Publication coverage: 1948 - present
- Energy and energy-related scientific and
technical information from the U.S. Department of Energy
Publication coverage: Varies by publication.
Access restricted to the Queen's community (5 user limit)
Nearly 9,000 sources from 118 countries in 22
languages. More than 120 continuously updated newswires. Key
newpapers include same-day and archival coverage of The Wall
Street Journal, Washington Post, Globe and Mail etc.
- Catalogue of current and historical Canadian and U.S. geological survey maps housed in the Lindsley Earth Sciences Reading Room at Queen's University.
- The Queen's University Library's collection of GIS data consists of a variety of local, national and international coverages. Use this database to see what data are available. Staff are also available to assist you in locating data - please contact us at email@example.com.
- GrayLIT Network is a portal for technical report information generated through federally funded research and development projects.
Publication coverage: 1951- (updated quarterly)
Focuses mainly on the four core social science
disciplines - anthropology, economics, politics and sociology -
but also covers a wide range of related subjects.
Publication coverage: 1915 - present
Index to publications on global public
policy and social issues from the early twentieth century through
to the present.
QSpace offers a resource for collecting,
preserving and providing online access to digital content
produced by the Queen's community.
- Collection of more than 1,600 professionally focussed engineering e-books.
Publication coverage: 1907 - present.
Print holdings: 1907 - 1999 (v. 1 - v. 131) in Stauffer Library storage.
Search Chemical Abstracts, Medline, the
Registry File, and CAS React. 5 simultaneous users.
Publication coverage: 1952 - present
- Comprehensive index to the international
literature in sociology and related disciplines in the social and
Last Updated: 04 October 2011