Journal articles are not listed in QCAT. Use an index to find magazine and journal articles. Articles are important in your research as they contain the most-up-to-date research in a given field and often focus on a particular aspect of a topic. There are different types of articles: scholarly, popular or trade.
Tip: Remember to search journal title and not article title in QCAT
Publication coverage: 1980 - present
- Covers global literature in earth science, ecology,
geography, and marine science.
Publication coverage: Geology of North America: 1693 - present ;
Geology worldwide: 1933 - present
- Indexes articles on geography, particularly as it relates to
Multidisciplinary Social Sciences Indexes
Publication coverage: 1984 - present (updated monthly)
- A multilingual, multidisciplinary index covering geography
and more ...
Publication coverage: 1951- (updated quarterly)
- Social science and interdisciplinary research with international coverage.
Publication coverage: Science Citation Index: 1900 - present ; Social Sciences Citation Index: 1956 - present ; Arts and Humanities: 1975 - present
Access restricted to the Queen's community (50 user limit)
- An index to major journals in the social sciences, including
demography, cultural, economic, historical and human geography,
planning and environmental studies.
Broad Multidisciplinary Indexes
Publication coverage: 1865 - present
- Peer-reviewed journals, conference proceedings, monographs and reports covering a broad spectrum of topics.
- Use the Google search engine to locate articles from a wide variety of academic publishers, professional societies, preprint repositories and universities, as well as scholarly articles published on the "open" web.
Publication coverage: Varies by journal title
- The content in Scholars Portal comprises the most complete multi-disciplinary database of peer reviewed academic literature available anywhere.
Public Health & Geography
Publication coverage: 1981 - present
- Cumulative Index to Nursing and Allied Health Literature. Index to English-language journals in nursing, occupational therapy, physical therapy, consumer health and other allied health fields.
- A digital archive of full-text, peer-reviewed health and life sciences literature.
- A pre-selected group of databases covering literature published in health & medicine. Each database can be searched separately but they also can be searched as a group, from this starting point.
Other Useful Subject-Oriented Indexes
Publication coverage: Late 19th century - present
Access restricted to the Queen's community (15 user limit)
- Provides indexing in the fields of anthropology, archaeology,
and related fields.
- The Arctic Science and Technology Information System (ASTIS) database covers many aspects of northern Canada, including the earth sciences, the life sciences, engineering and technology, renewable and non-renewable resources, co-management, politics and government, economic and social conditions, land use, indigenous peoples, archaeology, history, art and literature.
Publication coverage: 1982 - present
- Indexes Canadian popular and academic journals as well as
business and special interest journals.
Publication coverage: 2006 - present
- An important index from U.S. and English language
Call number varies | in SL Compact Shelving | (1967-1980)
- Print indexes containing citations to research in physical
& human geography, climatology, geomorphology, and
cartography. Superseded by Geobase.
Publication coverage: 1915 - present
- Covers public and social policy materials, including
journals, books, government publications, pamphlets, and reports
of public and private agencies.
Publication coverage: 1900 - present
- An interdisciplinary index to major journals in the sciences,
including physical geography, planning and resource