Journal articles are
not listed in QCAT. Use an index to find
magazine and journal articles. Articles are important in your
research as they contain the most-up-to-date research in a given
field and often focus on a particular aspect of a topic. There
are different types of articles: scholarly, popular or trade.
Tip: Remember to
search journal title and not article title in QCAT
Publication coverage: 1886 - present
- Subject focus: economics. Indexes articles from over 750
journals as well as books, dissertations, working papers, and
book reviews. For earlier coverage, see Index of Economic
Publication coverage: 1915 - present
- Indexes articles, books, government documents and more from
over 120 countries in the area of business, economics, finance,
law, international relations, public administration, government,
and contemporary public issues.
Publication coverage: 1980 - present
- An international and interdisciplinary database for the
fields of physical and human geography, geology, ecology, and
Third World studies, including development studies, ecology,
human geography and environmental issues.
International Political Science Abstracts
REF JA36.I61 from 1951-
- Provides access to literature in political science, political
thought, government and public administration, government
process, international relations, and area studies.
Publication coverage: 1975-
- Indexes over 1,000 journals within the political science
discipline and its complementary fields, including international
relations, law, public administration, and public policy.
Other Useful Indexes
- Approximately 1000 major international business and
management journals. Covers topics such as business conditions
and trends, economics, finance, human resources and management,
Publication coverage: Late 19th century - present
- Provides indexing in the fields of anthropology, archaeology, and related fields.
- Abstracts of selected books and articles in the humanities
and social sciences. Includes all the islands of the Caribbean
archipelago, as well as the mainland territories of Belize and
Publication coverage: 18th century to present
- Founded in 1963. Joint effort by worldwide research libraries
and the Center for Research Libraries (CRL) to promote the
preservation of publications and archives concerning Sub-Saharan
African nations. Materials are available in microform via
Publication coverage: 1972 - present
- Covers the full spectrum of gender-engaged scholarship. The
database indexes scholarly, popular, and internet
Publication coverage: 1973 - present
- Information related to human health and communicable diseases, including developing country information.
Publication coverage: 1954 - present
Access restricted to the Queen's community (6 user limit)
- Comprehensive index to the world's historical literature
(except Canada and the United States). Covers the time period
from 1450 - present.
Publication coverage: 1936-
Print holdings: REF Z1605.H2 from 1935-
- The Handbook of Latin
American Studies is a
selective annotated bibliography of scholarly works on Latin
Publication coverage: 1906 - present (updated annually)
Print holdings: 1665 - 1905
- Index Islamicus is an index, organized by subject,
to periodical articles and other collective publications on
subjects related to Islam. Each volume includes an author index.
The print covers 1665 to 1980.
Publication coverage: Varies depending on publication.
- A complete guide to the diverse literature of the left, with an emphasis on political, economic, social and culturally engaged scholarship.
Publication coverage: 1980 - present
- Online library of the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD).
- Presents an annotated bibliography of recently published
books, journal articles, working papers, and other materials on
population topics. Earlier volumes are available through JSTOR.
- Database of gender and development materials composed of
donated reports, proceedings, policy documents, bibliographies,
research articles and theses.
Publication coverage: 1900 - present
- An index to major journals in the social sciences, including
demography, cultural, economic, historical and human geography,
planning and environmental studies.