Health Sciences Multimedia: Cases and Interactive Learning
Cases and Interactive Learning
19 modules provide a guided learning approach using clear 3D images and interactive models, narrated animations and illustrations, dissection slides you can label, clinical case studies, the impact of aging on each body systems, pronunciation guide, quizzes and much more.
This web-based resource provides students with 32 interactive virtual patient cases on pediatric topics. While working through each case, students are encouraged to examine visual evidence, consult experts, answer questions, create a differential grid, and follow the case through to its conclusion. Access to this resource is available to individuals with Queen's email addresses. To register, click on the 'Register here' link and fill in the appropriate details.
- Faculty and students from the medical schools in Ontario have collaborated to create this web-based learning tool that aims to improve health care by integrating gender and health into all areas of medical education. Learn to apply the 'Gender Lens' in modules such as 'Gender and Cardiovascular Disease' and 'Gender and Depression'.
- This interactive website contains modules designed to facilitate the learning of hematology through the use of text, images, and multiple choice questions.
- Originally designed as required content for medical students at Stanford University, this web-based nutrition curriculum integrates nutrition concepts and principles in a flexible interface. Students are provided with a foundation in nutrition and dietetics presented as a series of clinical scenarios including textual material and graphics.
The content of these courses reflects the fact that they were originally designed for students at Stanford University. You may notice an American focus as well as links to Stanford Library resources. If you would like assistance finding quality Canadian or Queen's accessible resources please contact a librarian.
These courses are copyright protected: Stanford University, 1999-2006
- Provides a foundation in concepts and principles of nutrition and dietetics.
- Provides case-based instruction in diseases and nutritional risk factors that are usual in the primary care practice.
This Internet-based virtual patient program for use by medical students during their internal medicine clerkship conisists of 36 interactive virtual patient cases cover the learning objectives of the Clerkship Directors in Internal Medicine (CDIM)-Society for General Internal Medicine Core Medicine Clerkship Curriculum Guide Version 3.0 comprehensively. Access to this resource is available to individuals with Queen's email addresses. To register, click on the 'Register here' link and fill in the appropriate details.
This series of web-based modules for surgical education, jointly developed by the Department of Surgery and the Division of Educational Informatics at NYU, WISE-MD currently has fifteen modules available with seven additional modules in development. Access to this resource is available to individuals with Queen's email addresses. To register, click on the 'Register here' link and fill in the appropriate details.
Last Updated: 05 October 2012