Health Sciences Multimedia: Mobile Apps - instructions
For the iPhone, Blackberry Bold, and Google Android devices:
- Go to the Access Medicine website
- Create a My AccessMedicine account (located in the blue bar at the top right of the screen)
- After this one-time registration, you will be able to log on to accessmedicine.com on your phone using your My AccessMedicine username and password
For the iPad: The screen of the iPad is sufficiently large and its processor sufficiently complex to accommodate the full site. To access the site on your iPad you will need to log in to the site remotely as you would if you were accessing the site through a remote computer - click this link.
The Best Practice *mobile site* can be accessed via any internet-enabled mobile phone, PDA or handheld device.
1. Register for a new My Best Practice account, or sign into an existing account
Please note: You must register/login from within the IP range of the institution, or after authentication via proxy server for access set-up to be successful.
2. After completing step 1, you can:
a) access the Best Practice website; simply login to bestpractice.bmj.com
b) access the Best Practice mobile site; login to bp.bmjgroup.mobi
Please note: Remote access rights and access to the Best Practice mobile site is granted for the remaining duration of the institutional subscription, or for six months (whichever period is shorter). To renew your access, login to My Best Practice under the conditions explained in step 1.
To download the EBSCOhost app, access CINAHL as you typically would or by this link.
Go to the bottom of the page and click the link to email yourself the download instructions, access key and a link to the app store.
Access the email from your device and click the link found in the email to authenticate the application. You have 24 hours to access the key from your device to authenticate the app. If the key is not used within 24 hours, it expires and you will need a new key.
- Once it is authenticated, the app can be used for nine months, after which you must send yourself a new authentication key from the EBSCOhost interface.
- The app is authenticated to the profile from which you emailed yourself the authentication key. To access a different profile from the app, click the EBSCOhost iPhone/iPod Touch Application link from within the new profile and complete the authentication steps.
Mircromedex2.0 is now optimized for your iPhone®, iPod® Touch, iPad™, DROID, and BlackBerry® 3G devices. Login instructions are available here.
Three Apps are also available for Apple and Android devices. These Apps are available for free to Queen's users. From the Micromedex2.0 main page, click on mobileMicromedex for download instructions and passwords.
OvidMD is now optimized for your iPad and iPhone; free for OvidMD customers. Visit www.ovidmd.com from your mobile device.
The PubMed on Tap app enables you to navigate and search the citation database for online books, MEDLINE literature and life science journals. It is available for free through the App Store for iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad.
To connect to SpringerImages on the iPhone or iPod Touch you must first register for a user account and follow these steps:
- Go to the SpringerImages registration page and create an account
- Download the mobile app from the itunes store
- From within the app, click Account and login
Follow these instructions to download the Stat!Ref Mobile App
To connect to the STAT!Ref Mobile APP, you must set-up a "Your Preferences" account following these steps:
- Access your STAT!Ref subscription as you would normally
- Click the “Your Preferences” link in the upper right corner
- If you do not have a “Your Preferences” account already, set-up your account by simply entering your name, state, phone number, e-mail address and a “Your Preferences” password
- Click the “Temporary Login Account” tab and click the “Activate/Renew” icon
- Use "Your Preferences" log-in information to log into the StatRef mobile app
Last Updated: 04 October 2012