Journal articles are
not listed in QCAT. Use an index to find
magazine and journal articles. Articles are important in your
research as they contain the most-up-to-date research in a given
field and often focus on a particular aspect of a topic. There
are different types of articles: scholarly, popular or trade.
For access to full-text electronic journal articles, check
Journals and search by journal title or subject.
Tip: Remember to
search journal title and not article title in QCAT
Publication coverage: 1915 - present
- PAIS International & Archive includes
mini-abstracts to journal articles, books, statistical yearbooks,
and more... from around the world. Coverage includes:
international company information; and scholarly literature on
the public and social policy of business, economics, finance,
law, international relations, public administration, government,
and contemporary public issues.
Publication coverage: 1999-
Access restricted to the Queen's community (1 user limit)
- Restricted to one user. A major source of information on political and economic developments in Latin America and the Caribbean. Content is prepared for and targeted to business investors, government officials and the academic community.
Publication coverage: 1991 - present
- Provides full-text and citations to scholarly journals for the interdisciplinary study of Latin America and the Caribbean.
Other Useful Indexes
Publication coverage: Varies by publication.
Access restricted to the Queen's community (5 user limit)
- Factiva has many fulltext sources (newspapers, journals) in
various languages. To see what is listed in this database, select
Source, Browse Sources, and Publications - by region.
Publication coverage: 1984 - present (updated monthly)
- A multilingual, multidisciplinary database.
Publication coverage: 1980 - present
- A comprehensive, international and interdisciplinary database for the fields of physical and human geography, geology, ecology, environmental issues and Third World studies. Indexes 5,000 periodicals plus non-serial publications.
Publication coverage: 1954 - present
Access restricted to the Queen's community (6 user limit)
- Comprehensive index to scholarly literature on world history from 1450 to present (excluding the U.S. and Canada).