Journal articles are
not listed in QCAT. Use an index to find
magazine and journal articles. Articles are important in your
research as they contain the most-up-to-date research in a given
field and often focus on a particular aspect of a topic. There
are different types of articles: scholarly, popular or trade.
Remember to search
journal title and not article title in QCAT
Publication coverage: 1967-
- Covers all aspects of European medieval studies from 450 to 1500.
Publication coverage: 1843 - present
- A bibliography drawn from over 500 medieval and renaissance journal titles covering from 400 to 1700.
Other Useful Indexes
Publication coverage: 1924 - present
Print holdings: REF PA2 .A613 (v.1-72; 1924-2001)
- For Antiquity and early Medieval Latin studies.
Publication coverage: 1949-
- Indexes journal articles, essays and book reviews in theology and religious studies.
Bibliographie internationale de l'Humanisme et de la Renaissance
- For late medieval and early Renaissance, this index covers 15th and 16th century topics broadly. Time lag is about five years.
Publication coverage: 1990 - present
- Covers journal articles, book reviews and essays in books
about women, sexuality and gender during the Middle Ages.
Publication coverage: 1972 - present
- Gender Studies, Sexual Diversity, and Family
and Social Studies.
Subscription purchased by MacIsaac Memorial Fund in memory of Vera May MacIsaac, BA 1925
Publication coverage: Varies with publication.
- Electronic journal archive includes such titles as:
Journal of British Studies, Journal of Interdisciplinary
History, Journal of the History of Ideas, Speculum, Western
Publication coverage: Varies by title
- Dates vary with publication. Scholarly electronic journals,
includes such titles as: Chaucer Review, Journal of
Interdisciplinary History, Journal of Women's History
Publication coverage: 1952 - present
- For earlier coverage online see Humanities and Social
Sciences Index Retrospective.