The Cambridge Encyclopedia of the Middle East and North Africa
REF DS44.C37 1988t
Chicago Online Encyclopedia of Mamluk Studies
Concise Oxford Dictionary of World Religions
- Abridged from the acclaimed Oxford Dictionary of World Religions, this concise version is written by an expert team of 80 international and multi-faith contributors. It contains entries on all the major and many minor religions, including Christianity, Judaism, Buddhism, Hinduism, Islam, Jainism, Shinto, Sikhism, and Taoism.
Dehkhoda Encyclopedia of Persian
- Covers Iranian civilization in the Middle East, the Caucasus, Central Asia and the Indian Subcontinent.
Encyclopaedia of Islam, THREE
Encyclopaedia of Islam, Second Edition, Glossary and Index of Terms
Encyclopaedia of Islam, Second Edition
- An encyclopedia, with glossary, index of terms, proper names, subjects, and bibliography. Sets out the present state of our knowledge of the Islamic World including religion, history, politics and culture. Encompasses old Arabo-Islamic empire, Iran, Central Asia, India, Indonesia, the Ottoman Empire and all modern Islamic states.
Encyclopaedia of Middle Eastern Mythology and Religion
- Covers topics in Judaism, Christianity, Islam, Isma'ilism, Druzism and Baha'ism in a single volume. Topics include geographical, political, theological, social and ethnic aspects of each religion, which are covered in short entries.
Encyclopedia of Islamic Civilisation and Religion
Encyclopedia of Women and Islamic Cultures
REF HQ1170.E53 2003
Greenwood Encyclopedia of Women's Issues Worldwide: Volume 4, The Middle East and North Africa
REF HQ1115.G74 2003
- Organized geographically, discusses the status of women and the issues they face in each Middle East country.
Historical Encyclopedia of the Arab-Israeli Conflict
REF DS119.7.H544 1996t
- Covers the full range of topics related to the Arab-Israeli conflict, with a specific focus on the period after the partition of Palestine in 1947. Includes bibliographic information for many of the entries. Covers 1947-1996, as well as significant topics prior to 1947.
North American Muslim Resource Guide: Muslim Community Life in the United States and Canada
BP67.A1 N57 2002
- Discusses major issues affecting Muslim communities, explores the impact of recent events on the lives of American Muslims, offers an overview of Muslim values and institutions, briefly traces the history of Islam in North America.
The New Encyclopedia of Islam
REF BP40.G42 2001
- Provides medium length entries on topics related to Islam and the Middle East. Includes relevant quotations, colour photographs and maps.
Oxford Dictionary of Islam
REF BP40.O95 2003
- A concise and accessible entry-point to topics in Islam, contains both topics of popular interest and more obscure subjects. Intended for a general audience, it focuses on the nineteenth and twentieth century impacts of Islam on politics, society and history.
The Oxford Encyclopedia of the Islamic World
REF DS35.53.O95 2009
- 6 volumes. Designed to be a primary resource on topics related to Islam and the Middle East. The intention was to provide background information on current and historical events in the Muslim world.
The Qur'an: an Encyclopedia
- Covers all aspects of the text and its reception. Access via Routledge Religion Online and MyiLibrary.