Middle East and Islamic Studies: News Sources
- Source of global news, major daily newspapers, newswires, media programs. Same day and archival coverage varies, but some titles go back to early 1980. Includes Al Jazeera (2007-one day ago), Turkish Daily News (1997-Feb 16, 2009), Daily Star Lebanon (1998-current) and BBC Monitoring Middle East (1998-current).
- Coverage varies for each publication but many titles go back to the 80's. A news, law, and business information service, it includes up-to-date articles from international newspapers including some newspapers from Asia, Africa, and the Middle East. It is organized by subject, and can be browsed by geographical area.
- Thousands of world newspapers.
- World newspapers sorted by country and region.
- Mega-site gathering together a plethora of Middle East-related web resources in the areas of news, society and culture, business and the economy, education, embassies and missions, human rights, history, language, literature, web broadcasts, flags and maps, and more. A good place to start to locate Middle Eastern news coverage in the vernacular.
World News Connection from 1995-
- An online news service that offers translated and English-language news and information about the following areas: Central Eurasia, East Asia, Near East and South Asia, China, East Europe, West Europe, Latin America, and Sub-Saharan Africa.
Facts on File
REF D410.F14 from 1964 - 2010 (February 11) (Index Shelves)
- A Weekly World News Digest which reports from more than 70 major newspapers and news magazines from around the world. Provides concise news summaries highlighting factual content. Loose-leaf publication updated twice monthly and quarterly. Cumulative index is a key to locating all subjects, people, companies, organizations, and countries in News Digest. Also contains a World Atlas section.
Newspapers & Current Events (Arabic, Middle Eastern and Islamic Studies guide, University of Ottawa Library)
For more news resources visit Stauffer Library's Newspapers Subject Guide.
Last Updated: 07 October 2014