Newspapers: Directories & Bibliographies
Use these directories and bibliographies to find information about newspapers, such as: identifying newspapers by area and determining what papers or magazines have been published on special topics or for particular audiences. This list is not exhaustive: consider visiting the Z6940-Z6960 section at Stauffer Library- Reference to browse through newspaper, newsletter, magazine and other periodical directories and bibliographies.
- Provides contact, circulation, publication, demographic and staffing information for member newspapers from the United States and Canada. Includes website links.
HF5808.C2.C25 from 1971-2010 (some gaps); latest 3 issues on REF
- Alternate title: Canadian Advertising Rates and Data
- Provides links to many local, regional and major national daily newspapers from the United Kingdom. Includes contact information, editorial staff, and user reviews of the websites.
- Gives ISSN, title, publisher, country, frequency, media/document type, language, subject, library classification, dates, contact, price and ordering information for current and ceased periodicals.
Benn's Media Directory
Z6956.E5 N6t (1986-1996 with some gaps) Compact Shelving
- Provides title, contact information, frequency and content information.
Canadian News Services
Published by: Royal Commission on Newspapers, 1981
Stauffer MICROLOG: 82-02362
Checklist of Indexes to Canadian
Published by: National Library of Canada, 1987
REF Z6954 .C2 B87 1987t
Documents MICROLOG: 87-03859
Directory of Indigenous Publications
Published by: Public Service Commission of Canada, 1985
Documents MICROLOG: 86-02552
Early American Newspapers
Stauffer Library - Documents (Microforms) Microcard
Early English Newspapers: A
Bibliography and Guide to the Microfilm Collection
REF Z6956.G6 C68 1983
- Details the microfilm collection of newspapers published in England called Early English Newspapers 1622-1820. Search titles in QCAT for holding information.
Gale Directory of Publications and
Z6951.A97 (1990-1998; compact shelving)
Half a Century of Russian Serials:
Cumulative Index of Serials Published Outside the USSR
Z6956.R9 S35 (4 vols)
- Each entry gives title, publisher and date information. Where possible, editorial information and topic are included.
Historical Directory of Saskatchewan
Published by: Saskatchewan Archives Board, 1984
REF Z6954 .C2 M28 1984
Documents MICROLOG: 85-05254
History and Bibliography of American
Inventory of Ontario Newspapers,
Published by: Micromedia Ltd., 1987
REF Z6954 .C2 I58 1987
Documents MICROLOG: 97-00254
La Presse québécoise:
des origines à nos jours
REF Z6954.C21 (10 vols)
- Provides, where possible, title, publication information, dates, format, staff information and content description.
Newspapers in Microform
REF Z6945.N754 (1948-1983)
- American in focus
Last Updated: 14 June 2013