Use the databases listed below to find articles from national, regional, and foreign newspapers from the late 20th century to the present.
Selected Newspapers provides holdings of individual titles such as the Globe and Mail and Toronto Star.
AMS Electronic Resources Fund
Publication coverage: Coverage varies beginning at 1977-
- Canadian Newsstand Major Dailies covers national and leading regional papers. Content updated daily. Globe & Mail and Toronto Star coverage includes today's paper; 2-day embargo period for most other papers.
Publication coverage: Start date varies.
International and Canadian national, regional, and local news. Includes newspapers; trade journals; economics, finance, and environmental publications; news wires; websites; blogs; twitter; Canadian Press; and CBC, CTV, and SRC radio and television transcripts. In French and English.
For the Kingston Whig-Standard, consult Selected Newspapers.
TIP: Available sources are listed on the 'PDF Newspaper Search'. For a complete list of sources and to find sources by country, field, type, etc., consult www.eureka.cc/ListeSources.
Publication coverage: Varies by publication.
Access restricted to the Queen's community (5 user limit)
- National and international newspapers and newswires. Due to publisher restrictions, some titles are blocked for academic institution access.
- Indexes many regional, national, and international newspapers, as well as wire services, broadcast transcripts, and non-English language sources. Indexing for most titles begins in the eighties.
Publication coverage: 1959 - present
- Interdisciplinary, with a focus on publications from ethnic, minority and native presses.
- Hundreds of media sources and thousands of thematic and regional news sites in numerous languages.
Publication coverage: 1996 - present
- Access to articles in the AllAfrica archive including top news of the day, country, regional, and topcial news, business news and feeds.
Search a list of article databases that index newspaper articles as well as other resources.