Please note: some of the content on these websites may be restricted to subscribers. For more information about why Queen's does not subscribe, please see the FAQs.
- Provides contact, circulation, publication, demographic and staffing information for member newspapers from the United States and Canada. Includes website links.
- Provides links to news websites with fulltext news content from around the world. Includes television and radio news.
- Links to news websites around the world, with an emphasis on local news.
- Provides links to campus newspapers, fulltext archives of Canadian newspapers, citation indexes to historical news, and news directories among others. Extensive coverage of American and international news sources and indexes is included.
- A website of the University of North Carolina at Greensboro, provides links to online newspaper websites worldwide. Fulltext and coverage are indicated for each title-link.
- Organized geographically, provides news links worldwide, with excellent coverage of local American papers, including a section of college papers from American universities.
- Provides links to thousands of newspapers from around the world, and has excellent coverage of Canadian local and community news. Not all links are English-language.
- Provides links to free content on thousands of news and magazine websites from around the world. Organized geographically, and includes short descriptions.
- "...offers newspaper, television and unique online content from some of the nation's most trusted and well-respected media properties, including National Post, Global National, Ottawa Citizen [etc.]"
- Canadian Newspaper Association provides links to the websites of Canadian newspapers, with excellent coverage of local and community papers.
- Canada's national public broadcaster provides news and entertainment programming in English and French.
- The online home of several Canadian French-language papers: La Presse, Le Droit, Le Nouvellist, La Tribune, La Voix de l'Est, and Quotidien.
- One of Canada's leading French-language newspapers.
- A google search engine that allows for searching or browsing 4,500 news sources. Topics are updated every 15 minutes.
The Journal (Queen's University) from Sept 8, 2000-
- Print copies for previous years are located at Queen's Archives.
The Campus newspaper of Queen's University.
- A Canadian alternative news website, with a political focus.
- One of the most popular American 24-hour television news stations, CNN's website offers print news on the topics and stories of the day.
- "...recognised worldwide for its authoritative, accurate, and analytical reporting, is one of the world's leading global business news organisations."
- An American magazine targeted to businesspeople, Forbes has significant business news content.
- An American cable news station and provides information about the latest headlines.
- "...a network of collectively run media outlets for the creation of radical, accurate, and passionate telling of the truth."
- "An independent nonprofit whose roots lie in a commitment to social justice implemented through […] investigative reporting."
- "...America's oldest weekly magazine and one of its premier journals of opinion. Established by abolitionists in 1865..."
- Formerly known as msnbc.com.
- Produced by the Columbia Journalism Review (CJR), lists nonprofit and for-profit news outlets primarily devoted to "original reporting and content production", such as Politico, The Locust Fork News-Journal, and the Bleacher Report.
- "[PBS is] that one place where education comes before titillation, where partisanship is checked at the newsroom door and, above all, is a media option that measures success by how many minds we open, ... how well we serve this democracy."
- Wired News offers breaking news, as well as sections devoted to technology, culture, business and politics.
For more international news content, please see the Portals section.
- "Free from the shackles of censorship and government control Aljazeera has offered its audiences in the Arab world much needed freedom of thought, independence, and room for debate. In the rest of the world, ... offers a different and a new perspective."
- "...aims to provide access to the information and ideas everyone needs to make sense of an increasingly complex world, providing background and context to the news."
- Provides links to newspapers from the United Kingdom, with links to many local and community newspapers as well as major national and regional dailies. Includes contact information, editorial staff, and user reviews of the websites.
- "Reuters is a global information company providing indispensable information tailored for professionals in the financial services, media and corporate markets."
- Contains reprinted (and in some cases translated and edited) news articles from outside the United States, as well as some original material. Includes a selection of worldwide editorial and political cartoons.
Last Updated: 21 May 2013