Journal articles are
not listed in QCAT. Use an index to find
magazine and journal articles. Articles are important in your
research as they contain the most-up-to-date research in a given
field and often focus on a particular aspect of a topic. There
are different types of articles: scholarly, popular or trade.
Tip: Remember to
search journal title and not article title in QCAT
Publication coverage: 1940-
- Provides indexing and abstracts from books and over 270
journals of philosophy and related interdisciplinary fields.
- A pre-selected group of 2 databases covering literature published in philosophy. Each database can be searched separately but they also can be searched together from this starting point.
- Collection of scholarly philosophy journals and series, with full-text available online for the publications to which Queen's Library has a print subscription.
- The Social Science Research Network (SSRN) is devoted to the rapid worldwide dissemination of social science research and encourages the early distribution of research results. The SSRN is composed of a number of specialized research networks in the social sciences and humanities, including the Philosophy Research Network (PRN).
Publication coverage: Varies with publication.
Other Useful Indexes
Publication coverage: 1924 - present (excluding most recent 2-3 years)
Print holdings: REF PA2 .A613 (v.1-72; 1924-2001)
- Comprehensive index to scholarly research in classical studies. Content coverage: Second millennium B.C. - 800 A.D.
Publication coverage: 1975 - present
A&HCI is part of Web of Science. To search this database select A&HCI under Citation Databases at the bottom of the screen. For more information see additional details under Web of Science.
British Humanities Index
REF AI3.B86 from 1962-
- General index that indexes over 300 journals published in Great Britain.
Essay and General Literature Index
REF AI3 E7 from 1900-
- Author and subject index with emphasis on materials in the
humanities and social sciences. Published semi-annually. Also
includes biographical material.
Publication coverage: 1984 - present (updated monthly)
- A multilingual, multidisciplinary index covering philosophy and more ...
- Use the Google search engine to locate articles from a wide variety of academic publishers, professional societies, preprint repositories and universities, as well as scholarly articles published on the "open" web.
Publication coverage: 1907 - 1984
Access restricted to the Queen's community (8 user limit)
- Index to a wide range of scholarly journals and numerous lesser-known specialized magazines.
Publication coverage: 1951- (updated quarterly)
- Multidisciplinary. Provides international coverage and indexes journal articles, books, reviews and selected chapters.
Publication coverage: 1967-
- IMB covers all subjects relating to the period of 300-1500 in Europe, North Africa, Armenia and the Muslim World.
Publication coverage: 1843 - present
- Interdisciplinary index to articles, essays, books and reviews covering the Middle Ages and the Renaissance (i.e. 400 to 1700 AD).
Publication coverage: 1802-1995
- Facsimile page images and searchable full-text for approximately 500 international and scholarly journals in the humanities and social sciences.
Publication coverage: Varies by title
- A collection of peer-reviewed electronic journals in the arts, humanities, fine arts, social sciences and mathematics.