Journal articles are
not listed in QCAT. Use an index to find
magazine and journal articles. Articles are important in your
research as they contain the most-up-to-date research in a given
field and often focus on a particular aspect of a topic. There
are different types of articles: scholarly, popular or trade.
Tip: Remember to
search journal title and not article title in QCAT
Helen De Renzy Trust
Publication coverage: 1940-
- Provides indexing and abstracts from books and over 270
journals of philosophy and related interdisciplinary fields.
- A pre-selected group of 2 databases covering literature published in philosophy. Each database can be searched separately but they also can be searched together from this starting point.
- Collection of scholarly philosophy journals and series, with full-text available online for the publications to which Queen's Library has a print subscription.
- PhilPapers is a comprehensive index and bibliography of philosophy maintained by the community of philosophers. Using advanced trawling techniques and large scale crowd-sourcing, we monitor all sources of research content in philosophy, including journals, books, open access archives, and personal pages maintained by academics. We also host the largest open access archive in philosophy.
- The Social Science Research Network (SSRN) is devoted to the rapid worldwide dissemination of social science research and encourages the early distribution of research results. The SSRN is composed of a number of specialized research networks in the social sciences and humanities, including the Philosophy Research Network (PRN).
Subscription purchased by MacIsaac Memorial Fund in memory of Vera May MacIsaac, BA 1925
Publication coverage: Varies with publication.
Other Useful Indexes
Publication coverage: 1924 - present
Print holdings: REF PA2 .A613 (v.1-72; 1924-2001)
- Comprehensive index to scholarly research in classical studies. Content coverage: Second millennium B.C. - 800 A.D.
Publication coverage: 1975 - present
A&HCI is part of Web of Science. To search this database select A&HCI under Citation Databases at the bottom of the screen. For more information see additional details under Web of Science.
British Humanities Index
REF AI3.B86 from 1962-
- General index that indexes over 300 journals published in Great Britain.
Essay and General Literature Index
REF AI3 E7 from 1900-
- Author and subject index with emphasis on materials in the
humanities and social sciences. Published semi-annually. Also
includes biographical material.
Publication coverage: 1984 - present (updated monthly)
- A multilingual, multidisciplinary index covering philosophy and more ...
- Use the Google search engine to locate articles from a wide variety of academic publishers, professional societies, preprint repositories and universities, as well as scholarly articles published on the "open" web.
Publication coverage: 1907 - 1984
Access restricted to the Queen's community (8 user limit)
- Index to a wide range of scholarly journals and numerous lesser-known specialized magazines.
Publication coverage: 1951- (updated quarterly)
- Multidisciplinary. Provides international coverage and indexes journal articles, books, reviews and selected chapters.
Publication coverage: 1967-
- IMB covers all subjects relating to the period of 300-1500 in Europe, North Africa, Armenia and the Muslim World.
Publication coverage: 1843 - present
- Interdisciplinary index to articles, essays, books and reviews covering the Middle Ages and the Renaissance (i.e. 400 to 1700 AD).
Publication coverage: 1802-1995
- Facsimile page images and searchable full-text for approximately 500 international and scholarly journals in the humanities and social sciences.
Publication coverage: Varies by title
- A collection of peer-reviewed electronic journals in the arts, humanities, fine arts, social sciences and mathematics.