- The Sigma-Aldrich Catalogue covers more than 40,000 chemical products and is particularly useful as a starting point because entries include molecular and structural formulas, basic physical data, MSDS data and cross-references to Beilstein, Merck, and Feiser's Reagents for Organic Synthesis.
- This data collection gives names, synonyms, structures, line and molecular formulae, physical constants, spectral data (IR, Raman, NMR, UV, Mass), CAS RNs and Beilstein references.
- A nine-volume set with supplements providing data, derived from the primary literature, on organic compounds, including physical data, structure, CAS Registry Number, and references to preparation literature (designated "synth"), etc. Indexes provide access by name/synonym, molecular formula, heteroatom, and CAS Registry Number.
- Sections arranged by metal element, and subarranged by molecular formula in Hill order. Entries give CA index name and synonyms, structure diagram, registry number, molecular weight, physical and toxicity data where available, and literature references.
- Locate information about substances and related properties in the Landolt-Bornstein series of handbooks.
National Institute of Standards & Technology (USA)
- The physical properties source index lists recommended databases, handbooks, and websites (data, definition, measurement) for physico-chemical and other material properties.
Syracuse Research Corporation
- PHYSPROP contains chemical formulas, names and up to eight physical properties for about 25,000 chemical substances. Search by CAS number only. (This is a demonstration database.) Some values are estimated rather than experimental.
Publication coverage: 1700s - present
- Reaxys contains property data and reaction information for millions of organic and inorganic compounds. The data is sourced from the Beilstein and Gmelin databases, which include references from the late 1700s forward, and the patent literature.
Publication coverage: 1907 - present.
Print holdings: 1907 - 1999 (v. 1 - v. 131) in Stauffer Library storage.
- Scifinder contains calculated and experimental property data (with references) for approximately 46 million organic and inorganic chemicals.
National Center for Manufacturing Sciences (NCMS)
- Contains chemical and physical data; health, safety and environmental data; and supplier listings for several hundred common solvents.
Last Updated: 24 February 2010