Political Studies: Bibliographies
Consult bibliographies to find a comprehensive list of sources on a specific topic or a selective list of key works on a topic. To find out what bibliographies the Library has, do a subject search in QCAT.
American Bibliography of Slavic and
East European Studies
Online from 1990-
- "[P]roduced by the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, [ABSEES] provides information on East-Central Europe and the former Soviet Union. Sources indexed include journals, books, dissertations, online resources and selected government publications published in the U.S. and Canada."
American Foreign Relations since 1600
: a Guide to the Literature
REF A6465.U5G84 2003
- This two volume set is the standard bibliography of American foreign relations literature from colonial times to the present day.
American Studies: an Annotated
REF Z1361 .C6 A436 1986
American Studies : an Annotated
REF Z1361 .C6 S35 1990
- Provides detailed annotations for books published 1900 through 1988 that fall into eleven distinct areas of American Studies. Topics covered are Anthropology and Folklore, Art and Architecture, History, Literature, Music, Political Science, Popular Culture, Psychology, Religion, Science and Technology, and Sociology.
Bibliography of Canadian and
Comparative Federalism, 1986
REF Z1387 .F4 R4 1988t
Bibliography of Works on Canadian
Online from 1945- as Canadian Foreign Relations Index (CFRI) full text
Online from 1981- (CBCA: some full text)
1945-1970 REF Z6465 .C2 B34 1973t
1971-1975 REF Z6465 .C2 B35 1977t
1976-1980 REF Z6465 .C2 B36 1982t
1981-1985 REF Z6465 .C2 B37 1987
1986-1990 REF Z6465 .C2 B38 1994t
1991-1995 REF Z6465 .C2 B39 1998t
- This bibliography includes articles, theses, government documents and conference papers. Organized by broad subject area, with name and subject indexes.
Canadian Political Parties, 1867-1968:
a Historical Bibliography
- This is an annotated bibliography concerning Canada's federal political history. Indexes books, articles and theses published before 1970. Has author and subject indexes.
Contemporary Canadian Politics: an
Annotated Bibliography, 1970-1987
REF Z1385.M35 1988
Foreign Affairs Bibliography: a
Selected and Annotated List of Books on International Relations,
International Bibliography of
REF JA36.2.I6 from 1963-
- Provides a classified list of books, pamphlets, articles and government documents in various languages. Has subject and author index.
- Lists books, journals, primary documents, web resources, and multimedia in various discipline-based subject modules including International Relations.
Last Updated: 26 August 2014