Journal articles are
not listed in QCAT. Use an index to find
magazine and journal articles. Articles are important in your
research as they contain the most-up-to-date research in a given
field and often focus on a particular aspect of a topic. There
are different types of articles: scholarly, popular or trade.
Remember to search
journal title and not article title in QCAT
Publication coverage: 1969 - present
- Indexes the international literature in the field of
economics. Includes coverage of journals, books, book chapters,
reviews, dissertations, conferences and working papers. Contains
vast amount of content relating to international trade
- Full-text access to publications from Canadian research
institutes, government agencies and university centres working in
the area of health and medical research. Includes public health
- Collection of Canadian publications, in English or French, originally issued in the public domain. Includes: research papers, reports, studies, policy papers and briefs, discussion papers, numbered series, working papers and speeches.
- Full-text access to a large collection of scholarly e-books published by leading Canadian publishers.
Publication coverage: 1982 - present
- A pre-selected group of 3 CBCA databases. Each database can be searched separately but they also can be searched together from this starting point. Includes selective full text titles, covering current events, business, science, the arts, and academic information produced in Canada.
Publication coverage: 1991 - present
- A source for theory and research in international affairs
including maps and country data and briefs from public policy
Publication coverage: 1998 - present
- Access to the full-text of selected monograph and serial
research documents produced by the Conference Board of Canada,
focusing largely on organizational management and public policy
Publication coverage: 1915 - present
- Index to publications on global public policy and social issues.
Other Useful Indexes
- Global and Trade & Industry. 'Select multiple databases'
on search screen to search Asian Business and European Business
simultaneously. A comprehensive database covering the fields of
business, management, marketing, industry and trade.
- Primary reference tool to world's population literature.
Presents an annotated bibliography of recently published books,
journal articles, working papers, and other materials on
population topics. Earlier volumes are available through JSTOR.