Journal articles are
not listed in QCAT. Use an index to find
magazine and journal articles. Articles are important in your
research as they contain the most-up-to-date research in a given
field and often focus on a particular aspect of a topic. There
are different types of articles: scholarly, popular or trade.
Remember to search
journal title and not article title in QCAT
Publication coverage: 1886 - present
- Indexes the international literature in the field of
economics. Includes coverage of journals, books, book chapters,
reviews, dissertations, conferences and working papers. Contains
vast amount of content relating to international trade
- Full-text access to publications from Canadian research
institutes, government agencies and university centres working in
the area of health and medical research. Includes public health
- Collection of Canadian publications, in English or French, originally issued in the public domain. Includes: research papers, reports, studies, policy papers and briefs, discussion papers, numbered series, working papers and speeches.
- Full-text access to a large collection of scholarly e-books published by leading Canadian publishers.
AMS Electronic Resources Fund
Publication coverage: Coverage varies beginning at 1977-
Canadian Newsstand Major Dailies includes the business sections of national and leading regional papers. Content updated daily.
Publication coverage: Varies with publication
- A pre-selected group of 3 CBCA databases. Each database can be searched separately but they also can be searched together from this starting point. Includes selective full text titles, covering current events, business, science, the arts, and academic information produced in Canada.
Publication coverage: 1991 - present
- A source for theory and research in international affairs
including maps and country data and briefs from public policy
Publication coverage: 1998 - present
- Access to the full-text of selected monograph and serial
research documents produced by the Conference Board of Canada,
focusing largely on organizational management and public policy
Publication coverage: Varies by publication.
Access restricted to the Queen's community (5 user limit)
- Covers international news and business information. Contains same-day and archival coverage of key newspapers, including the Globe and Mail, New York Times, Guardian, Wall Street Journal.
Publication coverage: 1915 - present
- Index to publications on global public policy and social issues.
- Early dissemination of research results in the social sciences through online access to abstracts, articles and working papers. ‘Research Networks’ include economics, health economics, law, management, negotiations, sustainability.
Other Useful Indexes
- Includes business, finance, management and trade publications, covering advertising, marketing, human resources, governance, IT, taxation, strategy, product development, economic and industry conditions worldwide, market research. Indexes scholarly and trade journal articles, dissertations, working papers, business cases and global and trade news.
Publication coverage: 1886 - present
- Covers academic and trade journals across business including human resources, marketing, management, MIS, accounting, finance and economics. Includes the full-text of Harvard Business Review and other major business journals, market research reports, industry reports, country reports, company profiles and SWOT analyses.
Publication coverage: 1980 - present
- Full text of OECD books, periodicals, and statistical databases.
Publication coverage: 1975-
- Political science, international relations, law, and public administration/policy. International coverage, indexes over 1000 journals back to the '60s.