Article indexes & databases can help you identify journal articles that are relevant to your research. The following resources provide information about how to search research databases:
Searching in CINAHL
Searching in Ovid Databases (Medline & Embase)
Publication coverage: 1981 - present
Index to English-language journals in nursing, occupational therapy, physical therapy and other allied health fields. Mobile access available.
Publication coverage: Ovid MEDLINE(R) In-Process & Other Non-Indexed Citations and Ovid MEDLINE(R) 1946 to Present
Print holdings: Index Medicus 1879-2002 at the Bracken Health Sciences Library
- MEDLINE(R) is a database of citations and abstracts in the fields of medicine, nursing, dentistry, veterinary medicine, health care systems, allied health and preclinical sciences. It contains more than 22 million references from over 5,600 worldwide journals.
Publication coverage: 1947 - present
- Medical database covering a wide range of journals in the biomedical sciences. Particularly useful for locating drug information, as it indexes many drug journals not covered by MEDLINE.
Publication coverage: 1956 - present
- Abstracts on disability and rehabilitation research.
Publication coverage: 1985 -
- Covers selected journals in complementary (alternative) medicine, physiotherapy, occupational therapy, rehabilitation, podiatry and palliative care.
More Rehab Databases
- OTDBASE is a Canadian-developed occupational therapy literature search service. It contains over 8,000 abstracts from 20+ national and international OT journals from 1970 to the present. Queen's does not have a subscription but this tool is freely available to all CAOT members, including student members.