Article indexes & databases can help you identify journal articles that are relevant to your research. The following resources provide information about how to search research databases:
Searching in CINAHL
Searching in Ovid Databases (Medline & Embase)
Publication coverage: 1981 - present
Index to English-language journals in nursing, occupational therapy, physical therapy and other allied health fields. Mobile access available.
Publication coverage: 1950 - present
Print holdings: Index Medicus 1879-2002 at the Bracken Health Sciences Library
- MEDLINE(R) provides comprehensive coverage of research in the fields of medicine, nursing, dentistry, veterinary medicine, allied health, and pre-clinical sciences. It contains bibliographic citations and author abstracts from over 4,600 biomedical journals from over 70 countries.
Publication coverage: 1947 - present
- Medical database covering a wide range of journals in the biomedical sciences. Particularly useful for locating drug information, as it indexes many drug journals not covered by MEDLINE.
Publication coverage: 1956 - present
- Abstracts on disability and rehabilitation research.
Publication coverage: 1985 -
- Covers selected journals in complementary (alternative) medicine, physiotherapy, occupational therapy, rehabilitation, podiatry and palliative care.
More Rehab Databases
- OTDBASE is a Canadian-developed occupational therapy literature search service. It contains over 8,000 abstracts from 20+ national and international OT journals from 1970 to the present. Queen's does not have a subscription but this tool is freely available to all CAOT members, including student members.