Russian History: Dictionaries and Encyclopedias
Consult specialized encyclopedias or dictionaries to get a broad overview of a subject, a concise overview of a concept, school of thought or person. To find encyclopedias or dictionaries on your topic, search QCAT using the keywords of your topic combined with "encyclopedia" or "dictionaries".The Cambridge Encyclopedia of Russia and the Former Soviet Union
REF DK14 .C34 1994t
- Divided into sections covering the physical environment, peoples, history, art and architecture, language and literature, cultural life, science, economy, society, politics, the military, and international relations.
REF DK14 .E53 2004 (4 volumes)
- Over 1500 alphabetically arranged entries covering from Kievan Rus to the post-Soviet era. Includes a chronology, illustrations, photos and maps. Entries are cross-referenced with bibliographies for further reading.
REF DJK28 .R87 E53t 2002
- Over 1,100 alphabetically arranged entries in areas such as individuals, organizations, political parties, historical terms, geographic regions, historical events. Includes maps.
D840 .Y68 1999
- Includes a detailed chronology, a glossary, and maps.
REF DK113 .L66 2000
- Covers the period from Peter the Great through Nicholas II (1695-1917). Entries address broad topics including central government, foreign policy, the revolutionary movement, music, art and literature, religion and the Church, education, and the peasantry. Includes a glossary, biographical sketches and a guide to further reading.
REF DK14 .M6 (v.1-58)
- An extensive resource with signed entries that cover a wide range of topics. Arranged alphabetically with an index for every 10 volumes, it is indexed by author and time period. Supplementary volumes have been published.
Last Updated: 17 March 2011