Journal articles are
not listed in QCAT. Use an index to find
magazine and journal articles. Articles are important in your
research as they contain the most-up-to-date research in a given
field and often focus on a particular aspect of a topic. There
are different types of articles: scholarly, popular or trade.
For access to full-text electronic journal articles, check
Journals and search by journal title or subject.
Remember to search
journal title and not article title in QCAT
Publication coverage: 1925 - present
- Modern Languages Association International Bibliography
Most comprehensive index to articles, essays, book chapters,
books, and dissertations.
Publication coverage: 1991 - present
- Interdisciplinary. Examines all aspects of Hispanic
Other Useful Indexes
- Collection of approximately 65 scholarly journals primarily in humanities and social sciences. NOTE: Queen's Library does not subscribe to the cultural package.
Publication coverage: Varies by publication.
Access restricted to the Queen's community (5 user limit)
- Factiva has many fulltext sources (newspapers, journals) in
various languages. To see what is listed in this database, select
Source, Browse Sources, and Publications - by language.
Publication coverage: 1892 - present (some primary texts date from 600 AD)
Access restricted to the Queen's community (4 user limit)
- Searchable database of more than 350,000 works of English and
American poetry, drama, and prose. Also indexes criticism from
The Annual Bibliography of English Language and Literature
(ABELL), includes the full text of 104 specialist literature
journals, and more...