Urban and Regional Planning: Websites
Associations and Organizations
- CUI is a non-profit organization dedicated to enhancing the quality of life in urban areas across Canada and internationally.
Centre for Urban and Community Studies (University of Toronto)
- Includes information about upcoming seminars, conferences and publications under "What's New at CUCS". Scroll down for links to articles discussing new issues in Urban Planning, and a short list of historical links under "What Was New in Urban Policy Debates".
- Includes contact information for the City of Kingston planning divisions, as well as information about local planning initiatives and projects and information about transportation and by-laws. Acts as a gateway to information about the municipality of Kingston, its attractions, and its population.
- A nonprofit organization which researches social and economic problems in the U.S.
- "A nonprofit education and research institute that is supported and directed by its members. Its mission is to provide responsible leadership in the use of land in order to enhance the total environment." Membership required for full access.
- Catalogue of 12,000 selected Internet resources, classified by subject. The planning section, which opens directly here, contains links to planning related websites with an international focus.
- Research Highlights are brief summaries of complete reports on the findings of research projects conducted for or by Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation. Divided into two streams: Technical Series and the Socio-Economic Series.
- The News and Events section provides links to popular articles in Urban Planning.
- A "comprehensive directory of Internet resources relevant to planning, architecture, urbanism and other topics related to the built environment." (State University of New York at Buffalo, School of Architecture and Planning).
- Part of the Toronto Public Library catalogue, a database of digital holdings and citations related to the history and present of the city of Toronto, including digital images of historical maps.
- Allows for keyword searching of U.S. Environmental Protection Agency publications.
- Includes links to salient topics in Urban Planning, in both the popular and scholarly press. Also includes a searchable directory of Urban Planners and consultants, job postings, and announcements.
- The Planning Commissioners Journal (USA), offers city and regional planning resources. Excerpts and some full-text articles, others are purchased downloads.
- PPS is a nonprofit organization dedicated to creating and sustaining public places that build communities. They provide technical assistance, education, and research through programs in parks, plazas and central squares; buildings and civic architecture; transportation; and public markets.
- A publicly available U. S. Environmental Protection Agency database that contains information on toxic chemical releases and other waste management activities reported annually by certain covered industry groups as well as federal facilities. It contains full-text of documents released by the U. S. government on the release of toxics.
Virtual Library: Sustainable Development (Université Libre de Bruxelles)
Last Updated: 24 August 2011