Office Hours in Chernoff Hall
|IM:||MSN - email@example.com / Yahoo! - mjwhitekingston|
- Patent Information
- Chemical information
- Scientific publishing
- MLIS, University of Michigan (1994)
- BA, cum laude, Boston University (1989)
White, M. (in press). Chemical patents. In J. Currano & D. Roth (Eds.), Chemical information for chemists: A primer. Cambridge: Royal Society of Chemistry.
White, M. (2013). Using Citation Analysis to Explore the Information Needs of Graduate Students Affiliated with a Fuel Cell Research Center. American Society for Engineering Education Annual Conference, Atlanta, Georgia.
White, M. (2012). Patent Classification Reform: Implications for Teaching, Learning and Using the Patent Literature. American Society for Engineering Education Annual Conference, San Antonio, Texas.
White, M. (2010). Patent searching: Back to the future. First Annual Conference of the Canadian Engineering Education Association, Kingston, Ontario.
White, M. (2009). Patents and patent searching. In M. J. Bates, & M. N. Maack (Eds.), Encyclopedia of library and information science. New York: CRC, Taylor and Francis.
White, M. (2008). US alien property custodian patent documents: A legacy prior art collection from world war II – part 2. statistics. World Patent Information, 30(1), 34-42. doi:10.1016/j.wpi.2007.05.002
White, M. (2007). US alien property custodian patent documents: A legacy prior art collection from world war II – part 1. history. World Patent Information, 29(4), 339-345. doi:10.1016/j.wpi.2007.05.003
White, M. (2006). esp@cenet: Europe's network of patent databases. Issues in Science and Technology Librarianship, 47
White, M. (2005). Note Concerning U.S. Application Serial Numbers and Series Codes," Patent Information Users Group Newsletter, Fall, 19-21. http://hdl.handle.net/1974/263
White M. (2002). "World Intellectual Property Organization: a Web Site Review," Journal of Business and Finance Librarianship, 8(1), 71-78.
White, M. (2001). "Patents for Victory! Disseminating Enemy Technical Information During World War II," Science & Technology Libraries, 22 (1/2), 5-22.
Library Advisory Board, Royal Society of Chemistry, 2011-present
American Society for Engineering Education, 1995-present
- Past Chair, 2012-13, Engineering Libraries Division
- Chair, 2011-12, ELD
- Program Chair, 2010-2011, ELD
- Treasurer, 2009-2010, ELD
- Director, 2006-2008, ELD
- Chemistry Division
- Engineering Division
- Physics, Astronomy and Math Division
Queen's University Librarians & Archivists
- Secretary/Webmaster, 2013-14, 2008-2009
- Chair, 2011-12, 2009-10
- E-books Project Group, 2012-
- Electronic Resources Working Group, 2011-
- Renewal, Continuing Appointment and Promotion Committee for Librarians, 2013-14, 2010-11
- Team Leader, Electronic Gateway Team, 2007-10
- Through a Glass, Darkly... What Does Usage Data Reveal About Book/e-Book Collections?, Queen's University, August 13, 2013
- Patent Information Update, Ontario Chemistry Librarians' Workshop, University of Toronto, June 13, 2013
- Patent Searching: Tools, Resources and Approaches, Guelph University, February 28, 2013
- Introduction to Patents for Chemistry Librarians and Information Professionals (webinar), SLA Chemistry Division, April 30, 2012
- Introduction to Patents for Librarians and Information Professionals, University of British Columbia, June 24, 2011
Last Updated: 27 January 2014