Room 520, Douglas Library Monday-Friday, 8:30am-4:30pm
Chernoff Hall, 4th Floor Lounge
|IM:||MSN - email@example.com / Yahoo! - mjwhitekingston|
- Patent Information
- Chemical information
- Scientific publishing
- MLIS, University of Michigan (1994)
- BA, cum laude, Boston University (1989)
White, M. (2015). Patent "Sightings": A Comparative Analysis of Patent Citation Search Tools Using Case Studies from the Engineering Literature. American Society for Engineering Education Annual Conference, Seattle, Washington.
White, M. (2014). (In)Visible Me? An Empirical Study of Engineering Librarian Online Profiles. American Society for Engineering Education Annual Conference, Indianapolis, Indiana.
White, M. (2013). Chemical patents. In J. Currano & D. Roth (Eds.), Chemical information for chemists: A primer. Cambridge: Royal Society of Chemistry.
White, M. (2013). Using Citation Analysis to Explore the Information Needs of Graduate Students Affiliated with a Fuel Cell Research Center. American Society for Engineering Education Annual Conference, Atlanta, Georgia.
White, M. (2012). Patent Classification Reform: Implications for Teaching, Learning and Using the Patent Literature. American Society for Engineering Education Annual Conference, San Antonio, Texas.
White, M. (2010). Patent searching: Back to the future. First Annual Conference of the Canadian Engineering Education Association, Kingston, Ontario.
White, M. (2009). Patents and patent searching. In M. J. Bates, & M. N. Maack (Eds.), Encyclopedia of library and information science. New York: CRC, Taylor and Francis.
White, M. (2008). US alien property custodian patent documents: A legacy prior art collection from world war II – part 2. statistics. World Patent Information, 30(1), 34-42. doi:10.1016/j.wpi.2007.05.002
White, M. (2007). US alien property custodian patent documents: A legacy prior art collection from world war II – part 1. history. World Patent Information, 29(4), 339-345. doi:10.1016/j.wpi.2007.05.003
White, M. (2006). esp@cenet: Europe's network of patent databases. Issues in Science and Technology Librarianship, 47
White, M. (2005). Note Concerning U.S. Application Serial Numbers and Series Codes," Patent Information Users Group Newsletter, Fall, 19-21. http://hdl.handle.net/1974/263
White M. (2002). "World Intellectual Property Organization: a Web Site Review," Journal of Business and Finance Librarianship, 8(1), 71-78.
White, M. (2001). "Patents for Victory! Disseminating Enemy Technical Information During World War II," Science & Technology Libraries, 22 (1/2), 5-22.
Librarians' and Archivists' Committee, Canadian Association of University Teachers, 2014-present
Library Advisory Board, Royal Society of Chemistry, 2011-present
American Society for Engineering Education, 1995-present
- Past Chair, 2012-13, Engineering Libraries Division
- Chair, 2011-12, ELD
- Program Chair, 2010-2011, ELD
- Treasurer, 2009-2010, ELD
- Director, 2006-2008, ELD
- Chemistry Division
- Engineering Division
- Physics, Astronomy and Math Division
Queen's University Faculty Association (QUFA)
- Interim Secretary, Sept. 2013-June 2014
- Secretary/Webmaster, 2013-14, 2008-2009
- Chair, 2014-15, 2011-12, 2009-10
- E-books Project Group, 2012-2013
- Electronic Resources Working Group, 2011-
- Librarians' Travel Committee, 2012-
- Renewal, Continuing Appointment and Promotion Committee for Librarians, 2013-14, 2010-11
- Team Leader, Electronic Gateway Team, 2007-10
- Patent Information Update, Ontario Chemistry Librarians' Workshop, University of Toronto, June 12, 2014
- Visualizing Faculty Publication Statistics in 8 Easy Steps, OCUL Licensing and Collections Symposium, University of Toronto, May 13, 2014
- Through a Glass, Darkly... What Does Usage Data Reveal About Book/e-Book Collections?, Queen's University, August 13, 2013
- Patent Information Update, Ontario Chemistry Librarians' Workshop, University of Toronto, June 13, 2013
- Patent Searching: Tools, Resources and Approaches, Guelph University, February 28, 2013
- Introduction to Patents for Chemistry Librarians and Information Professionals (webinar), SLA Chemistry Division, April 30, 2012
- Introduction to Patents for Librarians and Information Professionals, University of British Columbia, June 24, 2011
Last Updated: 15 September 2015