How to Login to RACER
- RACER Login
- Login = The 14 digit barcode # on your Queen's student/staff card
- Password = Your last name (all lower case)
- Your Library = "Queens"
The RACER service is only available to current Queen's students, faculty and staff. The cost of ordering an interlibrary loan (ILL) is significantly subsidized by Queen's Library.
Use RACER to borrow items (books, journal articles, multimedia) from other University libraries in Ontario.
Note: Use Bracken Document Services if you are making a health sciences request.
How to Use RACER
There are three ways to place RACER interlibrary loan requests:
- Login to RACER and fill in a blank order form
- Login to RACER, search multiple Ontario university library catalogues, find your desired book or journal, and place your RACER request
- Search Library databases and Google Scholar, click on the "Get It! @ Queen's" link and click on the link "Order a copy ($3.00) - RACER".
In all cases, you must indicate your preferred Campus Library pick-up location as part of submitting your RACER request.
Printable RACER Tip Sheets:
- RACER Brochure (.pdf)
Queen's, with other Ontario university libraries, uses RACER for all interlibrary loan requesting. Exception: Bracken Health Sciences Library users must continue to send requests via Bracken Library Document Delivery forms.
RACER enables Queen's Library to offer enhanced ILL service to the University community: With RACER, you log on to the system and submit your request(s) directly into the RACER database. This accelerates the ordering process and provides you with the ability to check on the status of submitted requests at any time, via the web.
Last Updated: 31 July 2012