How to Report a Problem with a Record in the QCAT Library Catalogue
Rush cataloguing requests are placed electronically via QCAT, the Queen's Library catalogue. The service is available to any Library patron with a current Queen's student card, staff card, or Community Borrower card.
The Library's Cataloguing Staff work very hard to maintain a high standard of record quality in QCAT. Nevertheless, it is possible that you may come across problems (e.g. a URL which no longer "works", a typographical error, an inconsistency in names, etc.). Cataloguing Staff would appreciate having these problems drawn to their attention so that corrections can be made as quickly as possible.
- With the "problem" record's Brief or Full Record displayed on the screen, click on the Request Item in QCAT button (found at the top and bottom of all QCAT screens).
- You will be asked to log in to QCAT: follow the prompts on the screen.
- From the drop-down list presented on the screen, select the option: Report a RECORD PROBLEM (e.g. typo, etc.) and click the Get Request Form button.
- Complete the form by following the instructions on the screen.
- Your message will be emailed to the Library's Catalogue staff, for their immediate attention.
If you have further questions, or need help using QCAT, contact Queen's Library Reference Staff.
Last Updated: 11 August 2010