United States Government Information Search
(code courtesy of MADGIC, Carleton University)
ProQuest Congressional Publications
Congressional Publications provides an easy search of congressional publications and legislative histories held at Queen's University Library. Coverage includes:
- Legislative Histories, 1969-present
- Bills and Laws, 1987-present
- Committee Prints and Miscellaneous Publications, 1817-present
- Congressional Record Daily Edition, 1985-present
- Hearings, 1789-present
- House and Senate Documents, 1789-present
- House and Senate Reports, 1789-present
- FirstGov - United States government website
Includes links to Government Departments
U.S. government's official web search
- Federal Digital System (FDsys)
FDsys provides free online access to official Federal Government Publications
- The United States Government Manual
The official handbook of the programs and activities of the legislative, judicial, and executive branches. It also includes information about quasi-offcial agencies, international organizations with U.S. membership, and Federal boards, commissions, and committees.
- White House
- Embassy of the United States, Ottawa
- U.S. Congressional and Legislative Documents
Guide to print and electronic resources - Debates, Journals, Statutes, etc.
- Thomas: U.S. Legislative Information from the Library of Congress
- CONGRESS.GOV (beta)
- Public and Private Laws
- United States Code
Tracking the activities of the U.S. Congress. Included on this site are statues of U.S. federal legislation, voting records for the Senate and House of Representatives, information on Members of Congress, district maps, congressional committees and the Congressional Record.
Resources and links to both federal and state laws.
- Committee on Rules - House of Representatives
- Committee on Rules and Administration - Senate
- History of United States Statutes at Large and United States Code
- Federal Register (National Archives)
Provides access to the official text of Federal Laws, Presidential Documents, and Administrative Regulations and Notices. It also administers the Electoral College and the Constitutional amendment Process.
- Federal Register Library
Coverage begins in 1936 and includes the CFR (1938-current), Official U.S. Bulletin (1917-1919), United States Government Manual (1935-current), Daily and Weekly Compliation of Presidential Documents (1965-current).
- Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs
- Code of Federal Regulations
- Compilation of Presidential Documents
Complied in Title 3 of the Code of Federal Regulations
- U.S. Presidential Library
Includes Messages and Papers of the Presidents, Public Papers of the Presidents, CFR Title 3 (Presidents), Daily and Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents, and other documents related to the U.S. Presidents.
- The Federal Judiciary
- The Supreme Court
- U.S. Supreme Court Library
Complete coverage of the official U.S. Reports bound volumes as well as preliminary prints, slip opinions, and books and periodicals related to the U.S. Supreme Court.
- Law Library of Congress - U.S. Judiciary
The Oyez Project at Chicago-Kent College of Law is a multimedia archive of the Supreme Court.
How laws are made
- Library of Congress
Search U.S. Treaties back to the 90th Congress, 1967-1968.
- United States Senate
- Canado-American Treaties
Database of bilateral treaties established between the United States and Canada from 1783 to 1997.
- Treaties and Agreements Library
Includes all U.S. treaties, whether currently in-force, expired, or not-yet officially published.
- American Factfinder
Population, housing, economic, and geographic data from the U.S. Census Bureau
U.S. Census Bureau
Census of Population and Housing (U.S. Census Bureau)
Statistical Abstract of the United States
Bureau of Economic Analysis
DRI Basic Economics (formerly CITIBASE)
National Bureau of Economic Research
County Business Patterns (Bureau of Commerce)
- Justice: Bureau of Justice Statistics
- Labour: Bureau of Labor Statistics
Gateway to statistics from over 100 U.S. Federal agencies
- Government Statistics, Vanderbilt University
- Historical statistics
Issues and policies - Congressional Research Service
- U.S. Department of State
- Congressional Research Service Reports Archive
hosted by University of North Texas Libraries
- Open CRS: Congressional Research Reports for the People
- Federation of American Scientists
CRS reports on national security, foreign policy and related topics.
- United States Copyright Office
- Copyright, Legal Information Institute, Cornell University
- Copyright and Fair Use, Stanford University
- The War of the Rebellion
Compilation of the official records of the Union and Confederate Armies (the complete searchable 128 volume set)
- U.S. Federal Legislative History Library
Comprehensive federal legislative histories published by the U.S. GPO and private publishers. Includes finding aid based on Sources of Compiled Legislative Histories by Nancy Johnson.
Last Updated: 12 July 2013