Terms of Reference
- To inform the Library of the needs and concerns for collections in Engineering and the Sciences and to participate in decision-making relating to the development of collections in the context of developments in information technology, scholarly communication and budget constraints.
- To be a forum for the discussion and review of planned library services in Engineering and the Sciences in the context of developments in information technology, scholarly communication and budget constraints.
- To act as a liaison body between the Senate Library Committee and Faculty and students engaged in work in Engineering and the Sciences and to report formally to the Senate Library Committee annually.
- To provide a forum for effective communication with the Engineering and the Sciences communities at Queen's
- All librarians with formal collections, liaison and instruction responsibilities in engineering and the sciences.
- One departmental library representative from each Engineering and Science Department.
- Associate University Librarian with responsibility for teams providing services to Engineering and the Sciences.
- Coordinator for Collection Development.
- One senior library technician.
- Two undergraduate students - one in Engineering and one in Science.
- Two graduate students - one in Engineering and one in Science.
- Visitors depending on the committee's agenda.
Meetings and Communications
- The chair will call meetings as needed, but normally twice (possibly three times) per year.
- An annual report will be prepared and forwarded to the Dean of the Faculty of Applied Science, the Dean of the Faculty of Arts and Science, the University Librarian and the Chair of the Senate Library Committee.
- Minutes of meetings will be prepared and distributed to all members and the University Librarian and posted on the Engineering and Science Library Home Page.
- Biology - Peter Boag (email@example.com)
- Chemical Engineering - James McLellan (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Chemistry - Simon Hesp (email@example.com)
- Civil Engineering - Leon Boegman (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- School of Computing - Bob Tennent (email@example.com)
- Electrical & Computer Engineering - Keyvan Hashtrudi-Zaad (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- School of Environmental Studies - Brian Cumming (email@example.com)
- Geography - Neal Scott (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Geological Sciences & Geological Engineering - Noel James (email@example.com)
- Mathematics & Statistics - Abdol-Reza Mansouri (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Department of Mechanical and Materials Engineering - Yongjun Lai (email@example.com)
- Mining Engineering - Steve McKinnon (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Department of Physics, Engineering Physics, and Astronomy - Wolfgang Rau (email@example.com)
Librarians with Liaison Responsibilities
- Morag Coyne, Engineering & Science Library (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Biology, Environmental Studies, Geological Sciences and Geological Engineering
- Sharon Murphy, Head, Academic Services Division
Civil Engineering, Mathematics and Statistics
- Nasser Saleh (email@example.com)
Integrated Learning, Electrical and Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering and Materials
- Michael White (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Engineering Chemistry, Physics, Engineering Physics and Astronomy
- Wenyan Wu (email@example.com)
School of Computing, Mining Engineering
Last Updated: 05 November 2012